My favorite roasters so far - Page 6

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
LaMarzooka

Postby LaMarzooka » Nov 01, 2015, 10:37 pm

Late to the party, I've been working my way through the site's recommended 2015 roasters (Favorite Espressos 2015).

I can highly recommend Heart Roasters -- Stereo Seasonal Blend or Guatemala El Amate -- and Nossa Familia's Full Cycle. After going 2-for-2, I plan to order from Compass later this week.

Both Compass and Nossa Familia offer H-B discounts of 20%. Difficult to pass up if you ask me. :mrgreen:
Espresso or no go!

Tomtg

Postby Tomtg » Nov 03, 2015, 11:57 pm

LaMarzooka wrote:Late to the party, I've been working my way through the site's recommended 2015 roasters (Favorite Espressos 2015).

I can highly recommend Heart Roasters -- Stereo Seasonal Blend or Guatemala El Amate -- and Nossa Familia's Full Cycle. After going 2-for-2, I plan to order from Compass later this week.

Both Compass and Nossa Familia offer H-B discounts of 20%. Difficult to pass up if you ask me. :mrgreen:

Thanks! I will try both!

online coffee courses for pros & enthusiasts
Sponsored by Boot Camp Coffee - online coffee courses for pros & enthusiasts
spressomon

Postby spressomon » Nov 04, 2015, 12:55 am

Very much enjoying Monterey's (actually Seaside CA) Acme's Powerglide blend for tight cappuccinos (nutty, medium chocolate and well balanced/controlled stone fruit brightness). It has a wide sweet spot post roast; start pulling 7-ish days post roast out to 3-weeks and its tasty. For added kick I had some of their Ethiopian I blended lately into the PG @ ~33% and its just super too. And pricing is per pound...very good value IMO.
No Espresso = Depresso

weebit_nutty

Postby weebit_nutty » Nov 05, 2015, 5:20 pm

+1 on the Heart Stereo blend. It's just great. I order it every once in a while and it never fails to delight.
Disclaimer: I know nothing about coffee. But I know what I like!

Lacoffee

Postby Lacoffee » Apr 29, 2016, 11:27 pm

+1 nossa full cycle. Great big peanut butter milkshake in my cortados. Just tried it today for the first time. 4 days post roast. 16g in 32 out. 201. Really like the nuttiness and chocolate.
Andrew

delkat

Postby delkat » Apr 30, 2016, 1:06 am

I visited the Nossa roastery/cafe in Portland last week. The guys there were great - super nice and even pulled shots for me to try a couple of blends during the busiest time in the morning. I'm a fan and love the Full Cycle!

cmin

Postby cmin » Jun 27, 2016, 10:02 am

espressoonmymind wrote:I've got a 5lb of the Crema Dolce, will get a bag of Vesuvius next... good pricing, good non-acidic cup.
So I remembered a thread about this. Just ordered from them, Vesuvius. Too dark for me, lowered temp to 197 but still has a smoke/ashy taste though not as bad as when I had temp at 204 and it tasted like cigarette smoke lol. I would give their Crema Dolce a chance though as thats pry what I should have ordered.

real roasters for real people
Sponsored by Mill City Roasters - real roasters for real people
rustybrewscoffee

Postby rustybrewscoffee » Nov 14, 2016, 4:28 pm

compellingrich wrote:George Howell and Temple are as good as it gets imho. Haven't tried Flight. I would recommend Klatch, SweetBloom, Novo, Papa Lin's, Heart, and Tim Wendelboe. It was a great Rwanda year, and I've had several outstanding Colombian lots.

i've been wanting to try Tim Wendelboe. I really regret not picking up a bag at BÚÐIN in Brooklyn while they had some stock. Next week they will have some beans in from Drop Coffee Roasters, so I'll at least get to pick up a box from them!

Jared

Postby Jared » Nov 14, 2016, 7:40 pm

Mountain Air Roasting is definitely one of my favorites. The price is great and the product is outstanding. I've been rotating lately to try different roasters, but I definitely will buy more again in the future.