Light roast single origin for espresso?

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
chirospresso

#1: Post by chirospresso »

Any suggestions? I am looking for light roast single origin beans.... For espresso only... Not sure I am in the right topic?
Thank you

caldwa

#2: Post by caldwa replying to chirospresso »

What type of espresso profiles do you like? There are many single origin light roasts that can be used for espresso, even if they are not explicitly roasted for espresso. With that said, here are a few single origin, light roast espresso beans you could check out:

Ritual Sweet Tooth Espresso (Hunapú Producers' Hunapú Bourbon, Guatemala)

Counter Culture Apollo (Haru, Ethiopia)

Kuma Coffee Single Origin Espresso

Coava Espresso Offerings

Heart Coffee Roasters - their espresso is a blend, but heart roasts on the lighter side

If you have a flavor profile you're looking for, we could probably help you out further in your coffee quest.

chirospresso (original poster)

#3: Post by chirospresso (original poster) »

I have in the past liked Burundi and Ethiopian.. However I am in for trying new SO. I'll check out those sites...
Thanks

caldwa

#4: Post by caldwa replying to chirospresso »

In that case, I'd also check out PT's Ethiopia Konga SOE. It's not a super light roast, but it's the sweetest espresso I've had in a long time, with huge blueberry flavor.

LukeFlynn

#5: Post by LukeFlynn »

Check out Counter Culture Baroida, I really enjoy it. Mountain Air Roasting also have some nice light roast options.

chirospresso (original poster)

#6: Post by chirospresso (original poster) »

Thanks for the responses.. I now have a few pounds of SO coffee coming my way. I'll give a report when I taste them.. :mrgreen:

NoStream

#7: Post by NoStream »

caldwa wrote:- their espresso is a blend, but heart roasts on the lighter side
All their coffees are roasted to be soluble as espresso, and they tend to do quite well in that format. Stereo is what they run in their K30's as their main blend, though.

I'd also like to mention 49th Parallel's Epic Espresso - a very light, sweet, bright, and excellent SOE.