Leftist Espresso from Gimme Coffee

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
Nik

#1: Post by Nik »

I just received an email from Gimme Coffee (gimmecoffee.com) for free shipping on a $25. order.

Has anyone tried their LEFTIST Espresso blend please? Your comments would help me decide to order and try it.

Thanks,
Bob

Bushrod

#2: Post by Bushrod »

I much prefer their Platinum Blonde but ymmv. Why not try both? :D
Rich A

LMWDP #131

Nik (original poster)

#3: Post by Nik (original poster) »

I read about Platinum Blonde. I don't think I have ever seen the word "Leather" as one of the words to describe the taste. How would you describe the coffee?

thanks...

Bob

Bushrod

#4: Post by Bushrod »

Sorry, I'm really not good at describing flavors!
Rich A

LMWDP #131

another_jim
Team HB

#5: Post by another_jim »

Jim Schulman

Nik (original poster)

#6: Post by Nik (original poster) »

Thanks for the reminder. I try to do this but failed this time. Good information and what I was looking for. Thanks for the link.

Bob

another_jim
Team HB

#7: Post by another_jim »

Some day they'll come up with a search engine that delivers the same list for all the meaningless variations in the search string. Until then, it's mostly a good idea to try several variants.
Jim Schulman

JonR10

#8: Post by JonR10 »

Last time I tried the leftist was a few years ago...but it was excellent when pulled as ristretto.
Sweet, thick, smooth, chocolaty.
Jon Rosenthal
Houston, Texas

Spresso_Bean

#9: Post by Spresso_Bean »

I had it about a year ago at their shop on Mott Street, and then brought a bag home. I remember enjoying it and getting great shots right away, and it was reasonably priced compared to many other coffees I've bought from pro roasters. I'd definitely buy some more if I hadn't just ordered some from Klatch.

Edit - looks like maybe the price has gone up since I bought some. It's still very reasonable for a full pound.
LMWDP #200

iginfect

#10: Post by iginfect »

Every summer I go to "pickin' in the pasture", a bluegrass festival where I camp out in a sheep pasture. One of the big drawing points is Gimme a 30 min drive away where I get Leftist as their house espresso. I bought some to bring home and it didn't make it on my Silvia, but did when I was forced to upgrade to a Vetrano. I usually home roast but will buy espresso blends if I can avoid shipping. So I drive 3 hours to get this coffee.

Marvin