La Marzocco Home Espresso Subscription

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
BikerDave

#1: Post by BikerDave »

Hi,

Thoughts about the new subscription? Seems like an easy way to try new coffees.

https://home.lamarzoccousa.com/subscription/

randomorbit

#2: Post by randomorbit »

If you think spending $26 a pound is "easy" I guess...

Advertisement
BikerDave (original poster)

#3: Post by BikerDave (original poster) »

I see the cost @ 39, 19.5/per bag. free shipping. Am i missing something?

TomC
Team HB

#4: Post by TomC replying to BikerDave »

The bags are 12 oz most likely, so $26/lb would be correct.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

danetrainer

#5: Post by danetrainer »

Maybe this?
Subscribe before April 1 to receive two 250g bags of this espresso

SonVolt

#6: Post by SonVolt »

BikerDave wrote:I see the cost @ 39, 19.5/per bag. free shipping. Am i missing something?

That's $20 per 12oz bag sent ONCE per month. To put that into perspective, I get a 12oz bag from Counter Culture for $13 shipped EVERY WEEK, 2 days post-roast.

TomC
Team HB

#7: Post by TomC »

SonVolt wrote:That's $20 per 12oz bag sent ONCE per month. To put that into perspective, I get a 12oz bag from Counter Culture for $13 shipped EVERY WEEK, 2 days post-roast.

It'll be up to the buyer to determine the value. But I was wrong in my guesstimate as well. I assumed 12 oz bags. But they're not. They're 250g, barely over half a pound. So, in actuality, it's even more than $26/lb, it's $35/lb.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

Advertisement
HB
Admin

#8: Post by HB »

FYI... There are less expensive alternatives discussed in threads like Recommended Coffee Subscription Services and Any recommended subscription services for espresso, though maybe not for coffees from Tim Wendelboe (Oslo).
Dan Kehn

JavaRanger

#9: Post by JavaRanger »

The cost all depends on what beans you all are buying and how you feel about trying something new every month.

For Tim's roast, this $39 LM's price a few bucks cheaper before you even add shipping from Norway to the US.

Madcap is in the lineup too. I pay $38 for 2 12 oz bags of Madcap 3rd Coast with shipping, and again I'm not sure what LM Madcap will send, but third coast is one of their cheaper roasts.

I'm interested in trying something new, getting some notes from the roaster, maybe comparing tasting notes with others, maybe on this forum

I got into this hobby to taste all the different flavors freshly roasted coffee has to offer. For a home barista this is a great way for the true coffee geek who want to try something new every month.

I grew up with Maxwell House, then Starbucks, then Lavazza while in Europe and now flavors I never knew existed in coffee.

SonVolt

#10: Post by SonVolt »

Can't I replicate Tim's coffee at home by leaving some green beans out on the counter and turning the HVAC up to 70F for 6 minutes?