La Marzocco Home Espresso Subscription - Madcap Third Coast Espresso

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
RockyIII
Supporter ♡

#1: Post by RockyIII »

I received an email from La Marzocco Home this morning that the June shipment is on the way and should be here around the 15th.

Rocky

RockyIII (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by RockyIII (original poster) »

The coffee arrived today. The roast date was June 8, so I will wait a few more days before trying it.

Rocky

Advertisement
nuketopia

#3: Post by nuketopia »

Got mine yesterday. Couldn't resist. It needs a few more days of rest, but it is well behaved and drinkable now. Curiously, it has the same flavor description as Toby's Estate Bedford (last month's subscription offering), "Marmalade, pomegranate and brown sugar" and a similar blend, Colombian and Ethiopian. The ratio and sources are different. Roast looks a little different too by comparison.

wsurfn

#4: Post by wsurfn »

Excellent. I have not even tried to dial it in yet and I had to have a second shot to make sure the first was repeatable. 200F, 19.5g in 20g VST, 35g out.

Smooth, balanced. I like to add 1.5 oz of steamed milk to my shots. I can't wait to play with it, but I am not going to waste a bean. Nice job guys!

nuketopia

#5: Post by nuketopia »

I've been drinking it last few days. It's now settled in after resting.

Flavor profile: Bright, clean, lemon tartness, not much in the way of floral notes, moderate sweetness and dark chocolate notes. It is well behaved when pulling shots with a smooth predictable flow.

I'm pulling the recommended 18.5g in, 200f 36g out in about 32s. My Linea Mini doesn't have adjustable pre-infusion, so I'm pulling the longer shot as recommended for about 1:2 brew ratio. Have not done any analytics on extraction yield yet.

Good coffee, bright (tart without being overwhelming) would like more sweetness and some floral notes. Good in milk, good as a shot.

nuketopia

#6: Post by nuketopia »

At 8 days resting since roast, it is really reaching its peak. The sweet notes are more prominent and the flavor profile more balanced.

RockyIII (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#7: Post by RockyIII (original poster) »

Fruity tartness, but not overly so, with a touch of sweetness is how I would describe what I am tasting. This is eight days post roast, 18 grams in, 36 grams out, 201 F, 30 seconds. It took me nearly half a bag to get the grind right, needing to go a good bit finer than usual.

I like it and enjoy it as a straight shot but prefer it in a cappuccino.

Rocky

Advertisement
ProletariatCoffee
Supporter

#8: Post by ProletariatCoffee »

getting great results using a 18g VST, 19.5 in, 30g ish out
this is on a Londinium R and Monolith Flat.
never been disappointed with anything from Madcap!
follow my coffee adventures on instagram @proletariatcoffee

michael

#9: Post by michael »

This is my favorite from the subscription so far

93C, 18.5gs in, 30gs out in around 35 seconds 8)

nuketopia

#10: Post by nuketopia »

Ground beans straight from freezer this morning, 18.5g, 34g out, 40 seconds. Much sweeter with the long pull. Brightness is much better tamed.