Holiday Blends

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
heavyduty

#1: Post by heavyduty »

Seems like every roaster has a "Holiday Blend". Anything out there worthy?
Tomorrow came sooner than expected.

Paul

Intrepid510

#2: Post by Intrepid510 »

I have Intelligentsia's in the mail will report when I get a chance.

iginfect

#3: Post by iginfect »

Counter Culture which is an Ethiopian "blend". I just went through a lb. used as vac pot and espresso. It is fruity but not really blueberry and not an acid espresso.

Marvin

Bob_McBob

#4: Post by Bob_McBob »

I tend to think of holiday blends as more of a curiosity I order from my usual line-up of roasters, rather than something I would actively seek out.
Chris

heavyduty (original poster)

#5: Post by heavyduty (original poster) »

iginfect wrote:Counter Culture which is an Ethiopian "blend".
I've been eyeing that one for straight shot/americano or to give as a gift.
Tomorrow came sooner than expected.

Paul

Intrepid510

#6: Post by Intrepid510 »

Well I got Intelligentsia's Celebration Blend, it's pretty good. Has a nice rich structure to it, with a bit of generic spice/acidic bite. If you like Holiday blends this is one of the good ones.

cannonfodder
Team HB

#7: Post by cannonfodder »

Primes from Ritual is pretty good. I got a lot of strawberry and floral in the cup with a nice sweetness.

Primes Seasonal Espresso
Dave Stephens

jonny

#8: Post by jonny »

I liked Caffe Vita's Holiday blend last year which I think was a blend of Brazil and maybe Costa Rica or some other central. It was tasty and easy to work with. I would call it a crowd pleaser but still something I'd look forward to drinking myself. I wrote a review on it last year: Caffe Vita's Holiday Blend (review)
This year's blend has Sumatra in it, which I am not particularly fond of 95% of the time so I opted not to buy it. I assume it would probably offer similar characteristics with some more earthiness and bass notes.

cannonfodder
Team HB

#9: Post by cannonfodder »

I assume it would probably offer similar characteristics with some more earthiness and bass notes.
Mmmm, Bass flavored coffee.

How many times has this happened to you? You have a bass, and you're trying to find an exciting new way to prepare it for the dinner table. You could scale the bass, remove the bass' tail, head and bones, and serve the fish as you would any other fish dinner. But why bother, now that you can use Rovco's amazing new kitchen tool, the Super Bass-o-Matic '76. Yes, fish-eaters, the days of troublesome scaling, cutting and gutting are over, because Super Bass-o-Matic '76 is the tool that lets you use the bass with no fish waste, and without scaling, cutting or gutting.

Here's how it works: Catch a bass, remove the hook, and drop the bass - that's the whole bass - into the Super Bass-o-Matic '76. Now, adjust the control dial so that the bass is blended just the way you like it. Yes, it's that simple!

Wow, that's terrific bass!

We've got fish here, fast and easy and ready to pour, mmm-mmm! Super Bass-o-Matic '76 comes with ten interchangeable rotors, a nine-month guarantee, and a booklet: 1,001 Ways to Harness Bass. Super Bass-o-Matic '76 works great on sunfish, perch, sole, and other small aquatic creatures.

Super Bass-o-Matic '76 - it's clean, simple, and after five or ten fish, it gets to be quite a rush! Super Bass-o-Matic '76 - you'll never have to scale, cut or gut again!
Dave Stephens

jonny

#10: Post by jonny »

cannonfodder wrote:Mmmm, Bass flavored coffee.
haha very funny!