Guatemala A'achimbal from 10-Speed Coffee Roasters

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
spressomon

#1: Post by spressomon »

While in Hood River Oregon for a wedding event last weekend we discovered 10-Speed Coffee cafe/roaster. I bought a couple pounds of their Guatemala A'achimbal to bring back home and after pulling a couple nice tight cappuccinos this morning I will be going back and ordering more of this fine and tasty bean for back-stock.

If you like toasted cashew, strawberry with a nice salted caramel finish then I recommend you give it a try. Pulled this morning, 5-day post rest (can't wait to taste aging profile here on out) using 16g in an 18g VST @ 30g espresso weight.

They sell either 12oz or 1lb bags...$17/lb is a good value in my book given what came out of my LI this morning :wink:

Just an FYI.
No Espresso = Depresso

danetrainer

#2: Post by danetrainer »

Thanks for the report, I'm always on the hunt for a Guatemalan with complexity and depth...I just pulled the first shot of Heart's El Amate on my Cremina and it is somewhat lacking...mostly tart lemon & its 7 days post roast. I hadn't heard of 10 speed roasters yet so I may just have them ship me some and give it a try.