Esmeralda Geisha Bean Question

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
Jerry43

#1: Post by Jerry43 »

I have bought Geisha from Columbia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, and Panama. The only one to have the desirable long and thin beans of the green tip Geisha are the ones from Esmeralda. Daniel Peterson talks about these as having the most flavor compared to the bronze tip with the small bean that they also have on their farm.

Has anyone seen anything other than the short and round beans from other farms?

TomC
Team HB

#2: Post by TomC »

Pretty much every geisha bean I've bought in the last 3 or 4 years have all looked essentially the same. The Green Tip from Verve was actually the smallest of all of them, by objective comparison.

The Guatemala Acetenango Geisha is larger. The Colombia Cero Azul AAA Geisha was larger still, and the largest of the all of them. The Don Pachi Geisha fell somewhere between the last two.

A sprinkling of various geishas I'm still working with, a Finca Santa Teresa Geisha and one from 90+ Perci Red also from Panama are all very similar and large, typical long, beautiful geisha beans.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

another_jim
Team HB

#3: Post by another_jim »

Ditto, all my Geishas have been large and thin beans. For me, the Cerro Azul and Perci Red were the year's standouts; but I didn't sample the top Esmeralda lots or some of the others from Colombia
Jim Schulman