Coffee Subscriptions

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
chefwong

#1: Post by chefwong »

How many of ya'll do a bean subscription, or mailorder.
Aside from Stumptown, I'm tired of running around a couple of coffee houses to either not find what I want in stock and or just see stuff that is too old...

1st Runner up today. Just did my 1st ~subscription based~ with Counter Culture

Marshall

#2: Post by Marshall »

Many feel your pain, which is why Blue Bottle bought Tonx last year.
Marshall
Los Angeles

chefwong (original poster)

#3: Post by chefwong (original poster) »

OT, but I forgot. BB by me is always amazing...on any given day of the week, sometimes 2 visits, it will generally always be roasted a day or 2 prior. They must roast everyday or close to it.

Eastsideloco

#4: Post by Eastsideloco »

I have a standing subscription with Ruby Roasters, which is outstanding:

http://sprudge.com/the-sixth-annual-spr ... bscription

And I often mail order additional coffee on a regular basis to round out the month. It's getting easier to find a variety of fresh roasted coffee in Austin, but the options are still limited. Certainly more limited than what your options are via mail.

While I've tried some of the multi-roaster subscription services, I haven't found one that can get the coffee to my door in a reasonable amount of time. The roaster-direct subscriptions are better in this regard. Blue Bottle-by way of the TONX acquisition-probably has the most flexible/customizable subscription program right now.

brianl

#5: Post by brianl »

I used Tonx up until they were bought by Blue Bottle (just was a natural time for me to stop I guess). Now I just order occasionally online or visit a coffee shot and supplement with coffee that I roast myself. Tonx was great but i'm not sure if anything has changed due to BB.

mgthompson

#6: Post by mgthompson »

Ruby and heart subscriptions here. Both are really good. I receive the coffee quickly after roast. I love the convenience.

caldwa

#7: Post by caldwa »

Last month I started a subscription for 2 10oz bag of Honeyco Coffee's Classic Espresso. Subscriptions receive 10% off coffee, one can cancel at any time, and it's only $3.75 or so for shipping. They espresso has quickly become one of my go-to's, so I'm pretty happy with the subscription.

Eastsideloco

#8: Post by Eastsideloco »

(A side benefit of Ruby's subscription is that you get 25% off when placing other coffee orders, which is a substantial and generous discount.)

DavinG

#9: Post by DavinG »

I'm on my 3rd month of my coffee subscription with Transcend Coffee out of Edmonton, Alberta. Unfortunately I live in a small town an hour away from any roaster so the subscription works well for me.

insatiableOne

#10: Post by insatiableOne »

This year I got fed up with having to go to the local roaster when a couple different suppliers run out.
So I just bought 80 lbs. of green beans. Hope it lasts until next year.