Bodka Sweet Blue

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
coffeestandup

#1: Post by coffeestandup »

broke into a recently received lb this weekend (about 7 -8 days post roast) . Great stuff,very forgiving .
19 gram in at at about 201-203 degrees with 30-32 gram out. Got not overly bright citrus with the chocolate as well. David has done it again !

F1

#2: Post by F1 »

Your post made me curious about their offerings. I have never tried any of their coffees, but I was surprised at the fact that they offer 1lb bags of Brazil Daterra Sweet Blue for only $14. That's cheap! :D

Advertisement
TheJavaCup77

#3: Post by TheJavaCup77 »

coffeestandup wrote:broke into a recently received lb this weekend (about 7 -8 days post roast) . Great stuff,very forgiving .
19 gram in at at about 201-203 degrees with 30-32 gram out. Got not overly bright citrus with the chocolate as well. David has done it again !

Overly bright in a good or bad way?
It could be as complex or as simple as you want. It's the choice of the barista.

F1

#4: Post by F1 »

TheJavaCup77 wrote:Overly bright in a good or bad way?
I believe he is saying that the shot was NOT overly bright.

coffeestandup (original poster)

#5: Post by coffeestandup (original poster) »

You got it ! Meant not too bright - in a good way
Tweeted temps ( as well as I can w/ heat exchanger - but with retrofitted temp probe)

Higher temp,203+? Brought out more chocolate notes
Enjoy!

TheJavaCup77

#6: Post by TheJavaCup77 replying to coffeestandup »

Didn't see the word "Not" behind it.. my mistake 8)
It could be as complex or as simple as you want. It's the choice of the barista.

RyanJE

#7: Post by RyanJE »

coffeestandup wrote:broke into a recently received lb this weekend (about 7 -8 days post roast) . Great stuff,very forgiving .
So I got a few pounds of this. I can't get a good pour. Channeling and early blonding. It seems pretty lightly roasted, anyone else have them same challenge?
I drink two shots before I drink two shots, then I drink two more....