Bodka Ethiopia Dumerso

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
SimonPatrice

#1: Post by SimonPatrice »

Being a lucky winner of a bag of beans from Bodka, I received their Dumerso yesterday. But, of course, I wasn't home yesterday. So I got to try my first shots today. I've had a couple of ristrettos from the Caravel so far and they've been pretty good with a nice balance of bass and treble. I'll try them brewed in the next days.

A big Thank You to David for sending the beans all the way up north to Québec.
Patrice
LMWDP #428

bostonbuzz

#2: Post by bostonbuzz »

I already made it through my 10oz bag. I brewed several chemexes and espressos. The coffee does very well with both brew methods, so I kept going back and forth. Espresso shot followed by a pour over into the vacuum bottle for work.

The coffee had that pleasing Ethiopian smoothness and delicacy that is lacking IMHO in S American beans. I'm not much for descriptors, but this was one of the best SOs I've had in a long time.

Highly recommended.
LMWDP #353

fishll

#3: Post by fishll »

I grabbed a bag of Tim Wendelboes roast of the Dumerso. Possible one of the best ethiopians Ive tasted, very delicate.

beer&mathematics

#4: Post by beer&mathematics »

fishll wrote:I grabbed a bag of Tim Wendelboes roast of the Dumerso. Possible one of the best ethiopians Ive tasted, very delicate.
Interesting. I had an AP prepared at Budin and found it flat. I liked the richness of the Bodka much better, however, I made it at home and got to prepare it in lots of ways. I'll copy/paste my first impressions of it from the Marketplace post:
beer&mathematics wrote:Tried two shots today. One test espresso and one better dialed in that went into an iced latte. I certainly taste the black tea with perhaps some bergamont or some sort of florals that I can't quite put my finger one. Very nice and can't wait for it to develop a bit with more rest. This will be a fun one to dial in. I think David nailed the roast as nice light-medium that should satisfy a wide array of palates. It really reminds me of Linea Cafe's current Ethiopian Deri Kochowa I bought recently but with more black tea.
Reading this makes me sad as I already ran out :/
LMWDP #431

SimonPatrice (original poster)

#5: Post by SimonPatrice (original poster) »

So, after finishing the bag, I prefer this as espresso. The brewed coffee was good and balanced but could have had a bit more high notes to my taste. The shots however just got better and better.

A big thanks once again!
Patrice
LMWDP #428

Bodka Coffee

#6: Post by Bodka Coffee »

You are very welcome!

TomC
Team HB

#7: Post by TomC »

I'm going to have to track down some of this in green. I've heard Dustin rave about it too. Like a ridiculously emphatic endorsement which is rare enough from him that my ears perked up.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/