Best Coffee Subscription Program 2017

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
dennydotco

#1: Post by dennydotco »

Hi All,

5 years ago or so I subscribed to Mistobox and Craft Coffee, and overall had a great experience. For a while I roasted at home, and then just got busy and bought whatever bag sounded good at local roasters. I'm ready to try a subscription program again.

Do you have recommendations on your favorite subscription programs these days? I like variety, so smaller bags are preferred. I like light to medium roasted coffees focused on origin flavor notes, from berry and citrus fruit bombs to earthy to spicy to floral to chocolate. Mostly I like extreme coffees, not delicate, but throw in an interesting but delicate coffee and I'm still game.

And for this first round, I'm looking for pour over coffees for Chemex and/or Aeropress.

Thanks for your advice!

[creative nickname]

#2: Post by [creative nickname] »

This year I've been trying out Collected Coffee, a once-a-month subscription service. It isn't cheap, but the quality so far has been quite high.
LMWDP #435

RyanJE

#3: Post by RyanJE »

dennydotco wrote:Hi All,

5 years ago or so I subscribed to Mistobox and Craft Coffee, and overall had a great experience. For a while I roasted at home, and then just got busy and bought whatever bag sounded good at local roasters. I'm ready to try a subscription program again.

Do you have recommendations on your favorite subscription programs these days? I like variety, so smaller bags are preferred. I like light to medium roasted coffees focused on origin flavor notes, from berry and citrus fruit bombs to earthy to spicy to floral to chocolate. Mostly I like extreme coffees, not delicate, but throw in an interesting but delicate coffee and I'm still game.

And for this first round, I'm looking for pour over coffees for Chemex and/or Aeropress.

Thanks for your advice!
Counter Culture Single Origin sub. It's a great value.
I drink two shots before I drink two shots, then I drink two more....

Lacoffee

#4: Post by Lacoffee »

Tim wendelboe
Andrew

po

#5: Post by po »

I've been using Misto Box for the past few months. So far it seems, ok. This is my first variety subscription; however. Prior to Misto Box I had a Barefoot Coffee subscription, but found it annoying they didn't send tracking information when they shipped their coffees so I stopped using them. I still buy their Brazil Red Cab for Cold Brew though. My wife likes it.

If you're curious, the history of the ones I have received so far (most recent listed on the top):

Verve Coffee Roasters - Seabright House Blend
Caffe Vita Coffee Roasting Co - Bistro Blend Never Arrived - Mistobox refunded; however, it took them over a week to respond
Passion House Coffee Roasters - Chicago House Blend
Klatch Coffee - Crazy Goat Blend
Populace Coffee - Three Star Blend
Good Folks Coffee - Day Tripper Blend
1000 Faces Coffee - Bell's Blend
Metric Coffee Co. - House Blend
Onyx Coffee Lab - Colombia Aponte Village

One positive I find with Misto Box is that ordering the coffee again is cheaper than going direct to the roaster itself. That makes ordering ones I liked a nice value.

The roasting dates are typically within 3 - 4 days of receipt. I received the Passion House - Chicago House Blend today (8/24) via USPS and it was roasted on 8/21. This is on the higher end. Typically it's within 3 days.

Hope this helps!

MikeTheBlueCow

#6: Post by MikeTheBlueCow »

Have you looked into Angels' Cup? Variety was my #1 goal and they're amazing for that since you get 4 different coffees at a time.