Any roasters offering small quantities of coffee? - Page 4

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
jbviau (original poster)
Supporter ★

#31: Post by jbviau (original poster) »

Added Velton's, out of Seattle. Velton offers 8-oz. bags of his well-regarded blends (except for the Holiday Blend).
"It's not anecdotal evidence, it's artisanal data." -Matt Yglesias

Sardonic_Sardine

#32: Post by Sardonic_Sardine »

Has anyone tried MistoBox (www.mistobox.com)?

They have a subscription that sends out four 1.7 oz. bags of coffee from different roasters each month, for $19 each month. There's also a $30 per month subscription for four 3.4 oz. bags of coffee.

Seems like a pretty good deal if you want to try more varieties of coffee.
"Really great things are evident to anybody who's paying attention." - Charles Babinski

jbviau (original poster)
Supporter ★

#33: Post by jbviau (original poster) »

^^^ Yes. Here's a relevant thread:

MistoBox

They sent me their most recent box free after I filled out a survey, and I can attest to the quality; not a bad coffee in there. You might also consider Craft Coffee or, if you want to explore a few Norwegian roasters, Kaffe Smak.

Compass Coffee

#34: Post by Compass Coffee »

FYI beginning weekend after next for shipments starting January 13th, 2014 we will be offering Quarter Pounder sample size bags of all coffees. Little 4oz high barrier valved stand-up pouch zip close bags ordered ETA middle of next week.
Mike McGinness

jbviau (original poster)
Supporter ★

#35: Post by jbviau (original poster) »

That's great, Mike! I'll keep an eye out for those and update this thread once they appear on the site.

Bodka Coffee

#36: Post by Bodka Coffee »

We also have been offering 4 oz and 10 oz bags.

jbviau (original poster)
Supporter ★

#37: Post by jbviau (original poster) »

Nice. Added you.

jbviau (original poster)
Supporter ★

#38: Post by jbviau (original poster) »

I noticed that Intelligentsia has stopped offering 8-oz. bags, so I've removed them from this list. Here's what's posted on their site:
Intelligentsia wrote:Attention Customers:

As part of recent changes to our production, we will no longer be offering eight ounce, one pound or kilogram bags effective January 1, 2014. We will continue to offer 1lb bags for all Black Cat Project offerings and future releases of espresso as we recognize the need for a larger amount of coffee to dial in the perfect shot. Please be sure to adjust any repeat or recurring orders or order templates you have in your profile as they will no longer be accurate.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you, but we are confident that this adjustment to our production will ensure you receive your coffee faster and with fewer errors moving forward. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.

MSH

#39: Post by MSH »

Compass Coffee wrote:FYI beginning weekend after next for shipments starting January 13th, 2014 we will be offering Quarter Pounder sample size bags of all coffees. Little 4oz high barrier valved stand-up pouch zip close bags ordered ETA middle of next week.
Mike, is this still slated to happen this week? I just checked and I don't see the 4oz option. Definitely want to try that Nicaragua ACE Auction Lot. Thanks!

Compass Coffee

#40: Post by Compass Coffee replying to MSH »

The case of bags got lost by UPS (label destroyed) and re-shipped. Just arrived today. So launching a bit later than expected as in just fixin' to do some web updating...
Mike McGinness