Any roasters offering "free shipping" with no minimum purchase? - Page 13

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
brianl

#121: Post by brianl »

Nonineto wrote:Personally unless your on a very tight budget and since most of us are really particular of our coffee appliances and our coffee beans- why are we looking for free shipping?? You may encounter free shipping once In a while but why chance $30-40 etc.. On a bean you may not like but at least it's free shipping!! Doesn't make any sense to me ..
Why come into a free shipping thread to rant?

I don't really understand the last few sentences of your post. Free shipping in this thread is at any amount so no one is paying 30-40$ here?

I love this thread because I can order a coffee at a time as I never buy in bulk (I do home roast occasionally though). 18$ for 12oz at the roasters on this list is better than 16$+6$ shipping elsewhere.
JohnB. wrote:When a roaster is charging $22 for a 12 oz bag the shipping isn't "free" it's included in the price.
What about the roasters charging that plus a shipping charge? Such as heart, bow truss, etc. IT's not that simple. I don't think anyone here is saying the roaster eats all the shipping charge but based on what I've seen they are more likely to work out eating a portion on low volume orders. This strategy only works low volume, I already know that you personally buy most of your coffee in bulk, correct?

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#122: Post by JohnB. »

brianl wrote: This strategy only works low volume, I already know that you personally buy most of your coffee in bulk, correct?
I refuse to buy 12 oz bags but I will sometimes just order a lb. Typically I chose the 2 lb option & if I know I like a particular blend I'll buy a 5 lb bag. I only buy espresso blends as I roast all my own single origins for brew/espresso. I also only buy from roasters who offer reasonable/flat rate shipping options.
LMWDP 267

jbviau (original poster)
Supporter ★

#123: Post by jbviau (original poster) »

John, this is the second time you've come into this thread in order to explain to us what's already abundantly clear. Why do you think "free shipping" in the title is in scare quotes? I addressed the issue in my first post. Included shipping is often a good deal for serial samplers/nibblers like me buying in relatively small quantities from a variety of roasters.
"It's not anecdotal evidence, it's artisanal data." -Matt Yglesias

rwgamer

#124: Post by rwgamer »

It looks like CremaBean isn't offering free shipping any more.

Rick

jbviau (original poster)
Supporter ★

#125: Post by jbviau (original poster) »

^^^ Good call--removed them.

jbviau (original poster)
Supporter ★

#126: Post by jbviau (original poster) »

Added Peixoto, out of Caldwell, AZ. They offer a sampler, which I tried last month. The coffees included were roasted 2 days before I ordered, but otherwise there were no issues. I've enjoyed their Las Lajas natural in particular.

HBchris

#127: Post by HBchris replying to jbviau »

how were they? you try any as espresso that you highly recommend?

jbviau (original poster)
Supporter ★

#128: Post by jbviau (original poster) »

I don't do espresso at home (sorry), and the sampler only contained three 4-oz. bags anyway. Solid offerings roasted well for filter at least.

yakster
Supporter ♡

#129: Post by yakster »

Not sure if it's a permanent change or just for the holidays, but Chromatic Coffee is now offering free shipping on all orders on their website.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

jbviau (original poster)
Supporter ★

#130: Post by jbviau (original poster) »

As of today, Populace has stepped off of the "shipping included" train.