Any other roasters like Paradise and Red Bird?

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
dkny3939

#1: Post by dkny3939 »

I usually buy the 5 LB bags from Paradise and Red Bird, leave enough in the cabinet for 2-3 weeks and deep freeze (in a chest freezer) the rest in small ziploc bags. The coffee is so cheap, and so good.

Tried Metropolis as well, but I don't like their coffee as much. Are there any other place like Red Bird and Paradise that offers good coffee in bulk at good price?

Intrepid510

#2: Post by Intrepid510 »

I think there are more in the 60-70 dollar range, Deep Cello, Social, Compass etc

cannonfodder
Team HB

#3: Post by cannonfodder »

Dave Stephens

dkny3939 (original poster)

#4: Post by dkny3939 (original poster) »

Intrepid510 wrote:I think there are more in the 60-70 dollar range, Deep Cello, Social, Compass etc

Deep Cello actually isn't close to the 60-70 range. 5 LB + s/h = $90, which is fairly typically compared to Gimme and Klatch.

Social and Compass are both around $70 all in. Sounds good. I will try these guys next. 5 LB from each will last me almost 6 months.

Intrepid510

#5: Post by Intrepid510 »

Oh wow on Deep Cello, such a difference in price between Black Tie and Bossa. Black Tie is 70 shipped and what I was thinking of when making the recommendation sorry about that.

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#6: Post by JohnB. »

If you buy through Gocoffeego.com you have the option to order just about everything they offer in 5lb bags.
LMWDP 267

Philg
Supporter ♡

#7: Post by Philg »

If you're interested in Compass look for their discount code on this website - a great deal if it works for 5 lbs.

I don't usually get the espresso blend, my favorite is Konga, but I got a little Delirium last time (working through it now) and I think it's delicious.

Good luck,
Phil

jfrescki

#8: Post by jfrescki »

dkny, I order from the same roasters myself because of their price shipped (Red Bird's the winner though for both flavor and price). I have Redline right now. You might want to try full ristretto if you're willing to give it another go. I find that's the only way I really like it, and it took me a while to get there. They recommend 21g for 1.5oz, but 21g is a lot even for my 53mm triple basket. So I arrived at 19g full ristretto (19g out), and get cream cherry.
cannonfodder wrote:Try this thread...

List of our Favorite Roasters
I went through just about every roaster on the list a few months ago, and the only other one that comes close in price to the 3 mentioned is Kaldi's 700 Espresso at $62.45 for 5lbs with free shipping. That's acually my next order.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and compass with their HB discount. Thanks.
Write to your Congressman. Even if he can’t read, write to him.
- Will Rogers

dkny3939 (original poster)

#9: Post by dkny3939 (original poster) »

Can't find the discount code, where is it on this site?

jfrescki

#10: Post by jfrescki »

Looks like they haven't posted in "marketplace" in a while, but it's always been hb20.
Write to your Congressman. Even if he can’t read, write to him.
- Will Rogers