VA Event in Toronto w/James Hoffmann Sept 30

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
baldheadracing
Team HB

#1: Post by baldheadracing »

The Nuova Simonelli/Victoria Arduino Gravimetric World Tour (http://sprudge.com/black-eagle-victoria ... 46043.html) is coming to downtown TO September 30, 6pm-9pm

Anyone going? The event is open to "cafe operators, baristas, coffee roasters and enthusiasts."

The registration page seems to be broken so no use linking to it, but I'll check on Monday. I am tempted to go, but first I am going to try to find out if there will be an event in Montreal - TO is a bit of a drive for me - although I could ask James Hoffmann to autograph my copy of his book :D .
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

canuckcoffeeguy

#2: Post by canuckcoffeeguy »

Hey Craig. Thanks for posting this. I can't find any info about this event. Where'd you hear about it? I work in Toronto and could possibly attend.

canuckcoffeeguy

#3: Post by canuckcoffeeguy »

I just signed up. The registration page is working:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/gravitech- ... event_name

EspressoRide

#4: Post by EspressoRide »

I am going. I got an evite from Zuccarini earlier in the week and signed up.

canuckcoffeeguy

#5: Post by canuckcoffeeguy replying to EspressoRide »

Derrick (EspressoRide) it was good meeting you at Victoria Arduino event last night.

For those who weren't there, we got to use the new Mythos one clima pro grinder and VA Black Eagle machine with gravimetric technology. It's a beautiful machine.

I was fortunate enough to chat with James Hoffmann who was very gracious with his time. He had some interesting things to say about grinders, espresso and where coffee could be going.

I'll post some pics of the event and highlights from my chat with Jimseven soon!

Edit: Here's one pic for now.

EspressoRide

#6: Post by EspressoRide »

Great chatting with you too.

Amazing machine and very forgiving, the few shots I pulled on it all made me look pretty experienced a the whole thing

Look foard to seeing more and reading about it on your BLOG