Sedona, AZ cafes?

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
skittles_s

#1: Post by skittles_s »

I have a quick, whirlwind trip up to the Grand Canyon and Sedona coming up. Are there any viable options at the latter? I'd just go ahead and pack some kit but doing so may produce just a wee bit of spousal judgement.

Boldjava

#2: Post by Boldjava replying to skittles_s »

I caught a good cup here when we were in Cottonwood, AZ, for my neph's wedding: http://www.javalovesedona.com/

Have packed the kit; experienced the spousal judgement. More than once.
-----
LMWDP #339

Chabeau
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by Chabeau »

Indian Gardens Oak Creek Market was pulling espresso from Firecreek Coffee when the wife and I stopped in Sedona. They have a two group lever and a Robur (I think - it is hard to focus on equipment in a setting like Sedona). The roast in on the darker side but they did a good job pulling it.
"The percolations are imminent."

-C.M. Burns, c.1996

skittles_s (original poster)

#4: Post by skittles_s (original poster) »

Thanks for the recommendations!

I don't have a travel kettle currently. The Lido/scale/clever/beans setup I bring on visits to family is already a source of frequent commentary. :roll:

skittles_s (original poster)

#5: Post by skittles_s (original poster) »

To follow-up:

Chad's recommendaiton of Garlands's Indian Gardens Market was spot on. They have a two group Astoria lever machine. The shots we had were quite nice and the food there was delicious. Bonus: they carry an assortment of craft brews (a few on tap and many bottles/cans) for post-hike hydration.

I also stumbled across Oak Creek Espresso down Hwy 179 south of Sedona: http://www.oakcreekespresso.com. I went in not expecting much but had a perfectly lovely shot pulled on their Linea. The sampled baked goods were also quite good. Their beans are from "Ren Tao Roasting". I cannot comment on the breadth of their offerings, but my single experience was a positive one.