Seattle Coffee Recommendations

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
rustybrewscoffee

#1: Post by rustybrewscoffee »

Sup Brew Buds,

Gonna be visiting Seattle next month. I'm hoping to do a coffee crawl or at least visit every notable shop/roaster I can.

Any recommendations?

Thx much!!!

seakuv

#2: Post by seakuv »

Victrola Coffee Roasters on Capitol Hill. https://www.victrolacoffee.com/ Of course, while Seattle is the closest big city, it's still 900 miles from where I live - some of our other NW residents can probably give other recommendations. (I live in the FAR NW!)

Orcasite

#3: Post by Orcasite »

Hit the "Search" button above and type in "Seattle Coffee Shop" and you'll get a number of previous threads that give a great overview of the many wonderful roasters and coffee shops that are to be found all over the city. You could "crawl" for a week, drinking your fill of wonderful coffee and not exhaust the possibilities.
Be choosy, otherwise you won't sleep a wink while visiting one of the most caffeinated cities in the US.

RyanP

#4: Post by RyanP »

There are a lot, but here are a few recommendations.

Elm Roasters
Milstead & Co
ETG
Storyville Coffee
Vivace
Victrola
Slate Coffee
La Marzocco cafe
Anchored Ship Coffee Bar

g3dahl

#5: Post by g3dahl »

http://www.caffevita.com
http://www.caffelusso.com

Both have several locations. I haven't visited their cafes but Vita produces two of my favorite blends: Caffe Del Sol and Organic Espresso. Caffe Lusso is well known by H-B'ers, but Caffe Vita doesn't seem to have been noticed so much.
LMWDP #569. Long live lever lovers!

rustybrewscoffee (original poster)

#6: Post by rustybrewscoffee (original poster) »

Thanks Everyone!

I did search the boards prior to posting this, but I figured what the heck, there isn't anything wrong with another wonderful thread about delicious coffee shops :)

babsney

#7: Post by babsney »

My current favorite shops in seattle are Ballard Coffee Works and Slate Coffee Roasters. Like others have said, their are an abundance of phenomenal shops, but those are my two favorites right now.

rittem1

#8: Post by rittem1 »

g3dahl wrote:http://www.caffevita.com
http://www.caffelusso.com

Both have several locations. I haven't visited their cafes but Vita produces two of my favorite blends: Caffe Del Sol and Organic Espresso. Caffe Lusso is well known by H-B'ers, but Caffe Vita doesn't seem to have been noticed so much.
The OP may have a hard time "visiting" Caffe Lusso considering they aren't a cafe. They are in an office park in Redmond and while they do have a commercial lever there and of course a roaster, you don't walk in, sit down, and order drinks. They do provide beans for cafes such as Cafe Cesura and Midori Bakery, which uses a VA spring lever. Cesura is in downtown Bellevue and Midori is in Redmond. If I were based in Seattle for my coffee crawl I probably wouldn't travel east solely for the coffee at either one. I would travel east for the baked goods at Midori though...their croissants...wow

In Seattle you may as well check out the Starbucks Roastery if you're going to Victrola especially. It is big and impressive. Seattle Coffee Works is one to look into. Caffe D'arte if you like a dark, North Italian style. There is a Stumptown in Seattle, too, FWIW. Cafe Ladro. For a small up and comer you could look up QED in the Mt. Baker neighborhood.
LMWDP #517

TxHr

#9: Post by TxHr »

My wife and I were in Seattle a few months ago to see the sights of the city and for a coffee crawl. Most of the coffee was average but two shops stood out as exceptional: Milstead and Slate. Vita was our least favorite, the vibe was awful, people were rude and the coffee overextracted.

VIF was closed, check their website for hours if you are planning a visit (I made the mistake of not doing so). While I'm not a Starbucks fan, I was advised to visit the roastery. Kicking and screaming, I went. The experience was unique, fun and you will be talking about the place for a while (their Reserve Coffee roasted in-house still sucked). Overall it was well worth the trip. To describe it in a few words: Willy Wonka meets coffee. Don't forget La Marzocco cafe in lower Queen Anne. It's attached to KWEX radio station and is a fun time as well. Plus the view of the Space Needle outside the back of the shop is great.

Enjoy your time in Seattle and drink lots of water :wink:

Brandon

g3dahl

#10: Post by g3dahl »

TxHr wrote:Vita was our least favorite, the vibe was awful, people were rude and the coffee overextracted.
Sad to hear about that, especially since the beans are good. Glad to see this thread, I'd like to check out some of these recommended cafes too!
LMWDP #569. Long live lever lovers!