SCAA 2013: What do you want to see?

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
Sherman

#1: Post by Sherman »

Several Home-Baristas will be going to SCAA 2013, and a few of us will have press passes to provide some coverage of the exposition. Tell us what you want to see!
Your dog wants espresso.
LMWDP #288

yakster
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by yakster »

Here's what I'd be interested in, you may need to pare down this list.

Competitions:

Roasters Guild Roasters Choice Competition

Symposium Sessions:

2013 | Part II: Coffee Leaf Rust: History, Crisis, and Response
2013 | Part III: Coffea Genetics: Unlocking the Possibilities

Lectures

4/12/13 - Ask the Green Buyer roundtable
4/12/13 - The Art & Science of Roasting
4/13/13 - Man vs Machine: The Pourover vs Batch Brew Debate!
4/13/13 - Iced Coffee: Passion, Science, and Implementation of Various Brew Methods
4/14/13 - Why Specialty Needs Robusta

Exhibitors

Alpha Dominche (I had the best coffee from their booth from the Steampunk at last year's Expo)
Behmor -- Any new announcements?
Blossom Coffee
BWT Water -- some interesting things in water softening with pitchers here, will there be US distribution?
Counter Culture Coffee
Curtis
Espresso Supply -- Since they picked up BonaVita, will they be expanding their selection
Hottop -- Anything new?
Josuma Coffee -- Always a treat to talk to Dr. Joseph John about espresso and blending. How does the new R Certification affect his business?
Kaffeologie
Yemeni Coffee
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

Randy G.

#3: Post by Randy G. »

yakster wrote:Hottop -- Anything new?
...maybe. I am "hinting" at Michael, and he is pushing the factory hard to be ready.
If it happens it is going to be close, I think. Light a candle...
EspressoMyEspresso.com - 2000-2023 - a good run, its time is done

michael

#4: Post by michael »

the latest pressure profiling machines 8)

Sherman (original poster)

#5: Post by Sherman (original poster) »

Unfortunately, press passes do not include admission to Symposium, but I'll be sure to hit up some of the lectures, visit with Randy and get more dirt on the latest in pressure profiling. Keep the ideas coming!
Your dog wants espresso.
LMWDP #288

Randy G.

#6: Post by Randy G. »

I enjoy working the booth because I get to meet lots of new people and put faces to the insults folks I communicate with online. :wink:

My only regret is that between working the booth and walking the floor for my website, I don't have time to attend any of the workshops or symposiums. I hope the HB get together happens one evening. It would be fun if my feet can hold me up at the end of the day!
EspressoMyEspresso.com - 2000-2023 - a good run, its time is done

JmanEspresso

#7: Post by JmanEspresso »

Ohhh!! I have a feeling I know what Hottop is working on.. if Im right, and I may not be.. Sweeeeet. Definitely looking forward to more on this..

Really, I WANT to see the new Linea. In all its lovely glory. I love the linea, its easily one of my top 3 favorite machines, so Im VERY very excited to see what they do with it.

Basically Id like to see everything that La Marzocco is doing.

Past that, I really like what Randy does, shows off new cool products that might otherwise get overlooked. So, since we have more people going and purposefully bringing news to us.. In general, lets see all the new stuff!

yakster
Supporter ♡

#8: Post by yakster »

I want to hear more about this, debuting at SCAA 2013: Comandante "C40" - body: stainless steel with sliced wood veneer | burr: titanium | ragen: mocca-coarse | capacity: 40g of your finest coffee!

Click on image for Facebook page
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

jbviau
Supporter ★

#9: Post by jbviau »

^^^ Chris, I'll look out for that grinder, but the vendor doesn't seem to be listed as an exhibitor yet. Wonder if they'll be featured at someone else's booth?
"It's not anecdotal evidence, it's artisanal data." -Matt Yglesias

doubleOsoul

#10: Post by doubleOsoul »

Randy G. wrote:...maybe. I am "hinting" at Michael, and he is pushing the factory hard to be ready.
If it happens it is going to be close, I think. Light a candle...
Okay... ear to the ground...