Potential San Francisco Bay Area Meetup & Roast

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
TomC
Team HB

#1: Post by TomC »

Let's lay down some info here on who'd be interested in meeting up somewhere here in the bay area in the next month or so.

Please list:
1) Equipment available to bring
2) Days available- the more specific the better
3) Coffees (green or roasted) you're considering bringing, as well as possible snacks to share.
4) Potential locations.

I'll bring lots of various Ethiopians and maybe some good recent Colombians from SM. I'll bring the HG-One for folks to play with, and can bring a Cremina if neccessary.

Any Sunday-Wednesday usually works for me. Thurs-Saturdays are usually harder.

I can potentially host, but most of you remember how small my little apartment is.

Potential attendees:
1) Host- Joel
2) Gary
3) Tom
4) Chris
5) Dustin
6) Jon
7) Nick
8 ) Henry
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

drgary
Team HB

#2: Post by drgary »

Thanks, Tom. I would like to host a meet-up but need to wait a little more than a month as it's a very busy time in my practice for the next four weeks. After all of this work restoring my Prestina I'd like to give others a chance to try it out. We also have an invitation from slickrock for a few of us to see the Huky 500, and that may be easiest at his house but I'm not about to volunteer someone for a meet-up because he offered to show his roaster. :shock:
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

slickrock

#3: Post by slickrock »

Perhaps we can leverage this meet to demo my Huky 500, as I offered in the recent post I made in the roasting forum. This would mean the meetup would need to be at my place (on the coast in the Mid-Peninsula) , since my setup is integrated with my kitchen range. I have a huge kitchen island where we can layout all the stuff out. And I'd definitely like to see all the sundry roasting/coffee wares that the group would like to show off.
07/11/1991, 08/21/2017, 04/08/2024, 08/12/2045

drgary
Team HB

#4: Post by drgary »

Joel:

I'm in. You'll be surprised how many others may want to come. How many people would you want to host?
Gary
LMWDP#308

slickrock

#5: Post by slickrock »

Lets see how big it gets...I guess I'll to clear the kids out if needed. Pass on some pointers on how to do a large gig based on your last meetup.

drgary
Team HB

#6: Post by drgary »

How much counter space do you have? How many outlets? :lol:

To get a sense of the full extent of one of these, check this out ...

San Francisco Bay Area 2011 Holiday Get Together
Gary
LMWDP#308

Intrepid510

#7: Post by Intrepid510 »

I would be in for a weekend before Memorial Day and could bring some roasted coffee (highwire) and some food stuffs perhaps savory?

slickrock

#8: Post by slickrock »

drgary wrote:How much counter space do you have? How many outlets? :lol:

To get a sense of the full extent of one of these, check this out ...

San Francisco Bay Area 2011 Holiday Get Together
2 outlets (2 receptacles each for a total of 4) on the mondo island. 4 outlets (8 receptacles) on counter, which is were my Cimbali Jr. and La Pavoni Zip are hooked up. Counter space is more limited due to large sink and appliances. The island is where all the room is.

Judging from the 2011 meet, looks like a rather serious engagement, but also a blast.

drgary
Team HB

#9: Post by drgary »

That looks like a very nice setup. I look forward to trying your Cimbali Jr. too. For arranging gear and food and such take a look at this post on the same thread where we organized ourselves. As people would respond about gear and food I would update the post. This way we had a full complement of food and gear without much repetition. You could easily get 20 or more people wanting to attend, so please let us know about capacity limits.

Added: Here's some gear I could bring:
- Elektra Microcasa a Leva with booster spring, Teflon group to boiler gasket, bottomless portafilter
- La Pavoni Millennium Europiccola with group thermometer, Teflon group to boiler gasket, bottomless portafilter, brass piston
- Voodoodaddy modded Pharos grinder
- Fine tuned Lido grinder dialed in for espresso (to compare with Pharos and others)
- An extra knockbox or two

One of the hazards of attending these events is forgetting some of your gear. I recommend that anyone who's bringing a bunch of stuff make a checklist so they're leaving with what they brought. I'll do that myself.
Gary
LMWDP#308

dustin360

#10: Post by dustin360 »

Cool, count me in. But the middle of next month is SCAA Boston, so ill be out of town for a week. So if it between the dates of 10th threw the 17th I wont be able to make it.