Potential Bay Area Meetup: Scarlet City Roasters - Page 2

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
TomC (original poster)
Team HB

#11: Post by TomC (original poster) »

We can aim for the first weekend of October (Saturday the 4th) if that nails more peoples schedules. I second the idea of a Rare Barrel trip.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

Bob_M

#12: Post by Bob_M »

I'm in. I'm looking forward to meeting with you guys again.

jeroend

#13: Post by jeroend »

I just discovered this topic. Is this still happening? I might want to join in if the hour works out. I would love to meet people who share (and probably exceed) my passion for coffee.

yakster
Supporter ♡

#14: Post by yakster »

Scarlet City Roasters announced Dr. Flippenstein's Bumper Bash this Sunday:
HEY EVERYBODY!!! We're hosting our first event this Sunday! Come join us for pinball, a costume party, and our first BEERs on tap! Meet the brewers, Matt & Aram of Federation Brewing out of Oakland. The action starts at 2pm & we'll be staying open late to host the tournament.
https://www.facebook.com/events/290621604477519/
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

yakster
Supporter ♡

#15: Post by yakster »

I ended up going over to Scarlet City's cafe for lunch a little while ago when I was working at a site in the East Bay. A bit too far of a drag for a regular thing, but I really enjoyed the visit. I was going to get lunch elsewhere, but they had delicious Empanadas which I paired with a macchiato and then a straight shot of the Warp Drive. There was a party of three at the table, but once they left I was the only one in there. I also enjoyed a few games on their Star Trek Next Generation pinball machine, which had a few credits still loaded on the machine. The straight shot was quite small, but tasty. Sweet stone fruit flavors, full body, and the more developed flavors of a darker roast.

Too early in the day to try the beers available, but it was a good trip. No time to hit the Rare Barrel or Artis Coffee or any of the other spots I've got bookmarked.

I Instagrammed a few photos on my @yakstr account.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272