Portland Coffee Crawl, Saturday July 12 - Page 3

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
RyanA

#21: Post by RyanA »

Thanks Dr. Gary, I would love to attend this but I work July 12. Count me I'm for the next one, I'm gonna try to organize a small crawl with some friends this Saturday. If anybody else wants to go this weekend I may start another thread.

drgary (original poster)
Team HB

#22: Post by drgary (original poster) »

Just tried Barista this morning, a great multi-roaster place, well worth a visit. Let's start at Coava to keep things simple. I'll update the first post.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

Advertisement
frank828

#23: Post by frank828 »

just got home from portland. got to try some new shops and was generally impressed by most.

either/or in sellwood, case study, the new heart and surprisingly(from a recommendation from a barista friend) the Ole Latte food truck. i would recommend checking them all out if you have a chance.

DavidMLewis

#24: Post by DavidMLewis »

drgary wrote:Let's start at Coava to keep things simple. I'll update the first post.
I just realized that Coava now has two locations. I am talking about the original one, at 1300 SE Grand Ave, at the corner of SE Grand and SE Main. Is that acceptable?

Best,
David

drgary (original poster)
Team HB

#25: Post by drgary (original poster) »

Yes. I will update the first post.
Gary
LMWDP#308

danetrainer

#26: Post by danetrainer »

I got the chance to stop in at Coava last week, my friend Brian who is now with their roasting department was in so I snapped a pic. He formerly was a Barista at the Barista in the Pearl.

If there is interest, since many here are home roasters, I will enquire with three of the local roasters to see if anyone would be agreeable with the group dropping in during a session.

drgary (original poster)
Team HB

#27: Post by drgary (original poster) »

Yes, there's interest! Thanks, Pat.
Gary
LMWDP#308

Advertisement
roadman
Supporter ♡

#28: Post by roadman »

Please sign me up for the coffee crawl and thanks for organizing this.

I'll be driving down from Seattle. If anyone would like a lift in, let me know.
Jon

drgary (original poster)
Team HB

#29: Post by drgary (original poster) »

Jon,

Thank you for driving all the way from Seattle. I look forward to meeting a long time H-B member who was drinking real espresso when I thought that was what you got from a Bialetti!
Gary
LMWDP#308

dogjamboree

#30: Post by dogjamboree »

I'll join you guys as well. Saturdays are usually reserved for cramming in all of the exercise I didn't get done during the week, but I'll just have to go afterwards, super-caffeinated :) See you at 10:30.

frank