Philadelphia recommendations? - Page 2

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
endlesscycles (original poster)

#11: Post by endlesscycles (original poster) »

In Philly now. Looking forward to exploring this list today. Thanks, guys!
-Marshall Hance
Asheville, NC

endlesscycles (original poster)

#12: Post by endlesscycles (original poster) »

I'll be on train and foot in Philly again next week. I'll likely revisit Ultimo and Elixer, and would like to see the new Joe. Anything else great cropped up new in the past year?

I'm specifically interested in intelligent barflow and customer experience, but I'd like the coffee I have there to also taste good, but it doesn't have to be great. Heck, I'll have a soda if the design is outstanding and the coffee crap.
-Marshall Hance
Asheville, NC

Italyhound
Supporter ♡

#13: Post by Italyhound »

Marshall

I have heard good things about a local roaster and cafe, Reanimator. I have had their coffee brewed at home, but never on site, and never had a shot. Somewhere to think about visiting. I plan to at some point.

Ultimo still my favorite in town, and I like Elixr too. Joe is spotty in my experience but I wouldn't hesitate giving it a try.

cannonfodder
Team HB

#14: Post by cannonfodder »

A new one just opened in Kennett Square out my way. I am going to stop by this evening after sushi to see what it is like.

http://philtercoffee.com/
Dave Stephens

Derekb

#15: Post by Derekb »

Menagerie coffee 18 S. 3rd. Near market. They serve Neon espresso on their custom LM GB5.
Joe is good and their LM Strada electronic paddle sounds cool.
Town Hall 834 Chestnut is also nice.
Elixr is still my all time favorite and they are roasting their own beans now.