New Orleans cafes update

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
keno

#1: Post by keno »

The thread on New Orleans cafes is closed so posting an update. Just in town briefly for a conference and made a few new discoveries that I thought worth sharing for those who may be traveling to the Big Easy.

First find is Addiction, a new cafe in the French Quarter on Iberville and just off of infamous Bourbon St. This new cafe was already picked as NO's best 3rd wave coffee: Where to drink coffee in New Orleans right now. Had a very nice Cortado there. Here are a couple of pics:

Next find is the local roaster that Addiction sources their beans from called French Truck. They have been around a few years but I think they recently expanded into a new location. They have a roastery and cafe in the Lower Garden section of town, a gentrifying area between the Warehouse District and the Upper Garden. I liked their house espresso blend so much I bought a bag and the barista was cool enough to sell it to me as they normally do not sell to the public. Definitely rivals some of the better roasters in the Portland area. Very unassuming location from the outside, but really cool on the inside.

Check them out next time you're in NOLA!