My favorite cafes I tried in the Pacific NW (just got back from a trip)

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
knumph

#1: Post by knumph »

2 weeks in the area, and I tried to hit up as many cafes as possible. This wasn't always easy, as I was traveling along with 2 young kids, my wife, and in-laws. Made it to 49th Parallel and Revolver (Vancouver), La Marzocco cafe (Seattle), and Heart, Proud Mary, and Stumptown (Portland). I had good-great experiences at each place, but I have to say that Proud Mary in Portland completely reset my expectations. The coffee was incredible, food was top notch, but above all else these guys had some wonderful attention to the customer. The barista was talking my ear off about the coffees they were offering, and brought back different grounds for me to smell. I went with the geisha (10 bucks for a v60, I'm guessing it was about 250 - 300 mL). Had to do it, was not disappointed. I wish I could have tried out a few more Seattle cafes, and I wanted to get to Sterling and Coava in Portland, but with limited time and nobody as interested in cafe tourism as me, I made out the best I could. Anyway, I wanted to turn some attention on to this new cafe in Portland.

Chert

#2: Post by Chert »

Thanks! Headin' that way quite soon.
LMWDP #198

SteveH
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by SteveH »

I just went to La Marzocco Cafe in Seattle and enjoyed it. Not only did they make great drinks, they have a LM Home area with GS3's and Linea Mini's to demo. The guy basically let me do anything I want with them, so I made extra double espressos for each of my friends to have next to their ordered milk drinks