Lucky B@stards SF Bay Area Cupping Event

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
TomC
Team HB

#1: Post by TomC »

This will be a completely different event than our roasting gathering set to happen sometime this month for the Huky, Mini 500 and or Quests that we've discussed earlier.

Chris Tacy ( Malachi) has kindly offered to do some form of a repeat of his cupping event he hosted prior for our SF Bay Area coffee community. From all accounts, the folks in the first meeting were blown away by the coffees he demo'd. Yes, we're lucky to have such great coffee obsessed individuals here in the Bay. Maybe we could pull Nick Cho or Trish into one of these as well?
Let's hash out ideas and plans here. I'll leave it up to Chris to steer the dialogue.

Attendees so far:

Chris- Malachi
Chris- Yakster
Gary-DrGary
Tom-Tomc
Dustin-Dustin360
Visish-DrCoffee
GS- Gsylvest
Andy-Rocktageous
Nancy-Ducktwacy
Rama-Rama
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

drgary
Team HB

#2: Post by drgary »

Tom:

Thanks for starting this thread. First there's attendance. You, yakster and I have all indicated we want to be there. Last time Chris and Doug Jamieson provided the venue and coffees and even some giveaways. At other local gatherings we've contributed things too. Other than folks indicating a desire to attend I'd like to let Chris structure this event.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

malachi

#3: Post by malachi »

Let me ask around about a venue, as well as support from vendors/roasters.
Will post back here after I get responses.
What's in the cup is what matters.

Intrepid510

#4: Post by Intrepid510 »

Very interested, but of being at the age where friends start to marry in mass it might be hard for me to make it.

DrCoffee

#5: Post by DrCoffee »

I'd be very interested in coming.
I'm in the South Bay for the next couple months.

malachi

#6: Post by malachi »

How does the beginning of June look for folks?

I'll have more details to share later today, but it looks like we have interest from almost a dozen roasters (from all over the world) as well as a few other coffee companies.

Given the logistics involved (and some costs that are likely to be incurred) I'm going to need a good estimate of total number of people interested.

So... if you are interested in attending an H-B cupping in San Francisco (similar to the one discussed here) I will need to know:
1) that you're interested and tentatively committed
2) optimal day of week for event
3) if the beginning of June will work for you

If you're on the fence, please say so as I kind of need a good estimate of total attendees.
What's in the cup is what matters.

drgary
Team HB

#7: Post by drgary »

Hi Chris:

I'm in. Sunday morning is best, Saturday morning will work. I'm suggesting mid-morning of course since this is a caffeinated event and we need time to get there. I probably can't make it on weekdays (day job).
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

yakster
Supporter ♡

#8: Post by yakster »

Like Gary, weekends work best for me too, and June should be fine.

Thanks, Chris.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

Intrepid510

#9: Post by Intrepid510 »

I can't make it for the weekends beginning with Memorial Day and going forward til July unfortunately.

TomC (original poster)
Team HB

#10: Post by TomC (original poster) »

I'm in for weekends, Sundays always work best for me.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/