Los Angeles area cafe that offers coffee "flights"?

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
Tzatziki

#1: Post by Tzatziki »

Hi,

When I was at a cupping event a while back I heard about a cafe in the OC/Los Angeles area that sort of does coffee omakase - they're a multi-roaster and they'll serve flights of several different coffees from several different roasters.

I thought I wrote the name of it in my phone, but I must have lost it. Does anyone know of a place that does this?

Maxwell Mooney

#2: Post by Maxwell Mooney »

Element Coffee in Camarillo does Flights on Fridays.
"Coffee is evidence of Divine Grace, flavored coffee evidence of the Fall" -Kevin Hall

LMWDP #406

weebit_nutty

#3: Post by weebit_nutty »

Tzatziki wrote:Hi,

When I was at a cupping event a while back I heard about a cafe in the OC/Los Angeles area that sort of does coffee omakase - they're a multi-roaster and they'll serve flights of several different coffees from several different roasters.

I thought I wrote the name of it in my phone, but I must have lost it. Does anyone know of a place that does this?
Check out Theorem by Portola Coffee Lab in Costa Mesa

Similar to what you're talking about, they have what they call 'Craft Menu Service'
You have to make a reservation.. Reservations are available Wednesday - Saturday. There are two possible reservation times each day 2 pm and 3 pm.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/portola-coffee-lab-costa-mesa
http://www.portolacoffeelab.com/theorem
You're not always right, but when you're right, you're right, right?

bleblanc03

#4: Post by bleblanc03 »

I'll second Theorem. Portola in general. They're a machine geek's dream. They have a 3 group KVW Spirit that's their main line machine, and in the theorem bar they've got their 2 group Slayer and a lovingly restored La San Marco lever replete with hammered copper side panels.
Beau