List of multiroaster coffee joints - Page 9

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
Volta

#81: Post by Volta »

A bit late to the thread, but Volta (down here in Gainesville, FL) has been running a multiroaster program several years now. We've long had a policy of cupping with staff and customers before we buy, and then selecting from the best that we find available on any given week. We try to focus on no more than two or three roasters at any given time-- it's more important to me to focus deep on quality than "wide for the hell of it" quantity. Relationship coffee isn't just between roaster and farmer. It's also important for shops to have deep and lasting connections with their roasters. We currently draw from Intelligentsia, Bows X Arrows, Toby's Estate, and Sightglass. In the past (and possibly again in the future) we've also featured Handsome, Ritual, Coava, Madcap, 49th Parallel, and Counter Culture.

We mix it up with SOE and blend options for espresso, with a menu that changes more often than our brewed offerings. This week (July 14, '13), we're swapping between Bows X Arrows Yirg Kochere & Guat El Tambor SOE, Intelligentsia SOE Coope Dota Costa Rica, and Toby's Colombia Piramide/Santa Ines Bedford Blend.

skittles_s

#82: Post by skittles_s »

In Columbus, OH, Mission Coffee Co: http://missioncoffeeco.com/

While I was in town, they were offering selection from Deeper Roots Coffee (local Ohio roaster) and Counter Culture having just finished offerings from Sight Glass.

I didn't care for some of the coffees from Deeper Roots but in a very subjective way. Everything was very well prepared. The shop is equipped with a two group Strada, a large pour-over station, most of the various manual methods, and - most interestingly - they pull their iced coffee on draft from a keg; the iced coffee was quite good to boot.

the_trystero

#83: Post by the_trystero »

Just a follow up on Taza out in Arcadia, they're mostly serving Handsome and Verve right now with retail whole beans from Handsome, Coava, Verve, Bows x Arrows, Intelli, Temple, Stumptown, and I probably missed one or two more.
"A screaming comes across the sky..." - Thomas Pynchon

Chert (original poster)

#84: Post by Chert (original poster) »

Thanks for all the updates, you all.

Chris, I think it would be good to have them divided by region, but then California would have the vast majority, it appears. Besides not wanting to do the work of changing that initial post, the order they are in is the order that I learned of them, thanks to all of you.

Makes you want to hit the road for some major cafe crawlin, no?
LMWDP #198

Chert (original poster)

#85: Post by Chert (original poster) »

I tried out two more from the list, one just added. Coeur in Spokane, with a LM Strada and skilled baristas, is moving rapidly to the multiroaster format. Ten days ago I had an excellent shot of Stumptown's Mordecofe and made it by again today. Instead of just Stumptown, there was Intelli, Stumptown, and Manner's roasts on the menu. The barista suggested that their offerings would likely expand further soon. Great coffeehouse. The other one I checked out was Indaba, also in Spokane, which is already well into the camp of multiroaster spots. First time I tried Manner's coffees and purchased Slate coffee, both of which were well enjoyed.
LMWDP #198

Chert (original poster)

#86: Post by Chert (original poster) »

I found a couple more of these gems, so I updated the list. Enjoy!
LMWDP #198

[creative nickname]

#87: Post by [creative nickname] »

I'd add atomic coffee, in tallahassee FL, to your list.

They serve a variety of coffees from intelligentsia, counter culture and stumptown. They pull well crafted shots, and generally have a variety of coffees available as pour-over options.
LMWDP #435

Chert (original poster)

#88: Post by Chert (original poster) »

I added atomic. The website and even the facebook page don't let on what roasters are involved but there are some on-line reviews that mention it. If I ever return to Tallahassee, I'll have to stop in before heading over to see Wakulla Springs again.
LMWDP #198

Chert (original poster)

#89: Post by Chert (original poster) »

Holy Smokes! San Antonio has a multiroaster spot? Looks like travel to San Antonio appeals more than ever. (list updated, Local Coffee added.)
LMWDP #198

Chert (original poster)

#90: Post by Chert (original poster) »

I just added a travelling multiroaster coffee joint to the list. Here's a shout out to HB member, ex trahere. Nice variety and gear! Good luck on adding espresso to the mix of brew methods!
LMWDP #198