Layover at O'Hare

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
boxerboxer

#1: Post by boxerboxer »

Is there a shop worth visiting I could make it to in a 2.5 hour layover at O'Hare?

In order to make the thread more useful for posterity, please include shops that might work for a longer layover even if not for mine.

I've read reviews of shops, just looking for your real world experience regarding travel time.

boxerboxer (original poster)

#2: Post by boxerboxer (original poster) »

Upon further research Ipsento looks like the logical choice followed by Wormhole.

Advertisement
brianl

#3: Post by brianl »

Oh you meant outside the airport.

Wormhole isn't that great. It's an environment place in my opinion.

Just go to gaslight coffee roasters

#4: Post by boxerboxer (original poster) replying to brianl »

Will check them out at some point but Google thinks that would add about a half hour round trip to my journey, which is tight as-is.

BTD1986

#5: Post by BTD1986 »

Caffe streets is just a block away from the blue line, which starts at ohare. They are consistently my favorite place.

Catherwood

#6: Post by Catherwood »

Agree with skipping Wormhole. Recommend Gaslight over both places.

You didn't say how you are getting there but Gaslight is more accessible by car or train. It is closer and easier for getting on and off the 90/Kennedy Expwy than the others. Easier parking at Gaslight too

Depending on the time of day, your driving commute on the Kennedy is unpredictable and a good chance the drive time will vary from the inbound to outbound.

30 minutes from O'Hare to California stop on the blue line and a .2 mile, 4 minute walk according to Google Maps.

Order food at Gaslight, linger over a pour over waiting for food. Espresso and a bag of beans on the way out.

brianl

#7: Post by brianl »

boxerboxer wrote:Will check them out at some point but Google thinks that would add about a half hour round trip to my journey, which is tight as-is.
I don't understand. Gaslight is CLOSER to the airport than IPSENTO, caffe streets, and wormhole. It's right off the blueline.

Advertisement

#8: Post by boxerboxer (original poster) »

This is just me google mapping stuff from terminal 2. Ipsento shows only one minute extra travel time and is slightly higher on my list.

#9: Post by boxerboxer (original poster) »

Bloody flight to O'Hare just delayed enough that there is no point trying to leave. Next time.

brianl

#10: Post by brianl »

boxerboxer wrote:Ipsento shows only one minute extra travel time and is slightly higher on my list.
Moot point but how did you come to this conclusion of ipsento being better?