Good straight espresso near Santa Barbara, CA

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
KevinAlvord

#1: Post by KevinAlvord »

I am going to be near Santa Barbara this weekend and would like to find some good coffee. I am willing to go anywhere from Goleta down to Ventura.
LMWDP #532

frank828

#2: Post by frank828 »

Handlebar coffee roasters and a couple different French Press locations are what comes to mind in Santa Barbara

Marshall

#3: Post by Marshall replying to frank828 »

+1
Marshall
Los Angeles

KevinAlvord (original poster)

#4: Post by KevinAlvord (original poster) »

Thank You much. I will check em out.
LMWDP #532

emradguy
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by emradguy »

I don't know the current situation, but when I was a resident at Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital 1997-2001, there was a coffee cart in the hospital cafeteria dining area that was very good. It was a husband and wife team with several well-trained employees. The husband, Todd, ran the cart in Cottage, and the wife ran a cart in the hospital at Goleta. When I was living there, they by far had the best espresso and espresso-based drinks in the entire area. So, while it's not the prettiest location, the coffee was (perhaps still is - if they still have the contract) well worth the visit. BTW, they had moved down from Seattle, having run a cart in one of the hospitals there.
LMWDP #748

swanny338

#6: Post by swanny338 »

French Press usually has a very good single origin espresso at either of their locations. Handlebar is consistently very good as well. I've heard Lucky Llama in Carpenteria is delicious but I haven't tried it. I lived in downtown SB for years and mainly stuck with French Press as their consistency was spot on.

yakster
Supporter ♡

#7: Post by yakster »

How about around Paso Robles area?
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

KevinAlvord (original poster)

#8: Post by KevinAlvord (original poster) »

I have also been wondering if there is a good cafe in Paso. I will be going through there and I grew up there.
LMWDP #532

Marshall

#9: Post by Marshall »

yakster wrote:How about around Paso Robles area?
We are regular visitors to Paso (and have the wine collection to prove it). The short answer is "no," but I have heard good things about a place in SLO (don't remember the name).
Marshall
Los Angeles

frank828

#10: Post by frank828 replying to Marshall »

i dont know anything in Paso Robles either. In SLO, maybe it was Scout Coffee? http://www.yelp.com/biz/scout-coffee-co ... uis-obispo I had heard good things about them.