Good coffee in Parga, Greece

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
Kaiai

#1: Post by Kaiai »

Hi,

Im on vacation in parga greece with my family. Parga is a beutiful place but it suffers from mass tourism. Not my preferred vacation destination due to mass tourism. However i have found a little gem.

Brasilian Green Cup. A small coffee shop ran by husband and wife. They serve real 3rd wave coffee. i have had some excellent espressos served to my surprise.

http://braziliangreencup.com/

The owner started pulling espressos at the age of 12 when some italians brought pargas first espresso machine to town 40 years ago. He is truly dedicated. When i visited he had some excellent sl 24 beans from kenya.. He also had som geisha beans that actually tasted very nice as well. (no it wasnt esmeralda but still good).

I have been there 4 days in a row. On the second day my espresso was a hint over extracted and i wondered if he was just lucky the first day. On the third day his wife came and apologized and told they discovered a problem with one of the espresso machines ( I never complained about the espresso i had on day 2 hence they did not know i found it over extracted)..

i normally take an aeropress or bialetti with me on vacation but i was out of beans this time.

Normally i drink coffee from Supreme Roastworks , Tim Wendelboe , Solberg & Hansen and Kaffa.

Gataros

#2: Post by Gataros »

You are really lucky. Usually in touristic places (at least in Greece), the coffee experience can very from really bad to mediocre in the best case scenario.

Enjoy the sun and some souvlaki :)

Advertisement
Kaiai (original poster)

#3: Post by Kaiai (original poster) »

i know im lucky.. This vacation is for my kids and my wife.. I never thought it would be something for me other than a happy wife and happy kids :D
On my 4th espresso in 3 hours :wink: