Espresso in Durham, NC?

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
daveruse

#1: Post by daveruse »

I'm heading to Durham this coming weekend and was wondering if there were any quality cafes in Durham, NC. I know about places like Sola and Jubala in North Raleigh, but was also looking for something in Durham proper.

Thanks!

pShoe

#2: Post by pShoe »

Counter Culture Coffee. I believe there main operations are out of Durham. I've never been to their cafes, but I've always enjoyed their coffee.

russel

#3: Post by russel »

I'm not a local, but I was just poking around the triangle with winter. I liked Driade in Chapel Hill, nice atmosphere and not usually over crowed. They're part of Carrboro Coffee Roasters. Cocoa & Cinnamon was recommended by everyone at Counter Culture and is in Durham proper. It was filled with 20-somethings coming off of their yoga class next door, so I didn't find the space/time to hang out. CC does not actually run a cafe out of their roast works, but there is a weekly public cupping on Fridays.

As a West Coast roaster I found little that suited my admittedly biased tastes...but there was plenty of attention and love being paid to the coffee.
russel at anacidicandbitterbeverage dot com

guptad1

#4: Post by guptad1 »

Unfortunately, Counter Culture is "only" a roasting and education center and they do not have a cafe.

daveruse (original poster)

#5: Post by daveruse (original poster) replying to guptad1 »

Yep, this is correct. Sadly I'll only be there on Saturday and Sunday so attending their lab isn't an option either :/