East Coast Road Trip

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
pngboy

#1: Post by pngboy »

I want to take a road trip with the sole purpose of hitting up some great cafe's. My question is if I had to pick just 2 cafe's in each of the following cities what 2 would you pick.
Philly
NYC
Pittsburg
Thanks for your suggestions. Cheers

drgary
Team HB

#2: Post by drgary »

NYC's going to be hard. Good coffee has caught on there. Oliver Strand has an interactive feature in the New York Times that is now available in a NYT iPhone app called The Scoop. This links to their interactive map. Here's the article related to that, "Where to find serious coffee in New York? Everywhere." I stopped by the place shown in the first photo in that article and had a wonderfully tuned shot of Hacienda Esmeralda Gesha pulled on their Synesso.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

Advertisement
martinngyh

#3: Post by martinngyh »

For Philly, I would pick ReAminator Coffee Roasters and Elixr Coffee. They are both local roasteries and their beans are quite good.

Another one is Ultimo Coffee, but they serve Counter Culture beans, which can be had at other cities. Joe Coffee has 2 branches. It is not bad either. Joe is from NYC.