Downtown Toronto Shops

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
Zambonin

#1: Post by Zambonin »

I am going to be in Toronto for the holidays to work the World Junior hockey tournament and I will be staying at the Westin Harbour Castle. I know Pilot has a little shop in Union Station. I'm hoping to get up to Sam James Coffee Bar on King Street one day, but where else can I go for a nice drink that will be within walking distance of the hotel or the ACC.
LMWDP #547

chrisbodnarphoto

#2: Post by chrisbodnarphoto replying to Zambonin »

Happy to help!

Distillery district is a shot walk away, and you can find Arvo there. They serve Phil + Seb and Transcend ... and weirdly use 2 x GS3's on bar. Manager there is great!

You'll also find Boxcar Social at Harbourfront - a very short walk away! They have a steady rotation (serving Parlor at the moment, I believe) and usually serve up tasty shots! They run their KvDW's at 6 bar and typically run with Peak's. They also have a wonderful food and whisky selection - defn check them out!

SJCB isn't so much my jam but a lot of folks like them. Not many other choices down in that area but if you decide to explore let me know and I can give you some other suggestions!

Edit : it's further out of the way but Neo is a great spot - incredibly delicious Japanese treats made in-house and Canada's latte art champion on bar. Multi-roaster shop running a Strada EP and they actually know how to use it (have custom profiles for each coffee).

Zambonin (original poster)

#3: Post by Zambonin (original poster) »

Thanks Chris!
LMWDP #547