Dallas/Ft Worth coffee shop goes lever (Londinium)

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
bobmccarthy

#1: Post by bobmccarthy »

I just got back from my favorite coffee shop. Out went the old 3 group Faema and in its place was a new 2 group Londinium. The owner told me its the first one in the states.

All I can say is WOW. Buon Giorno is in Colleyville/Grapevine (suburb between Dallas and Ft Worth). They have stayed away from the "sour" SO espresso craze and offered Italian style coffee. It has been my go to shop for espresso and local roasted bean for home brewing.

I've recently noticed changes. In the last month, out went the Mazzer Majors - in comes Compak K-10 grinders. Now the icing is the Londinium.

I now get it. Not only was the coffee spectacular but the microfoam was much sweeter. I even had to ask Philip if he forgot and added a little sugar to mine (something I dont do ie add sugar).

I'm a very happy guy. Give it a try if your in the area.

bob

cmin

#2: Post by cmin »

Think there's quite a few Londinium owners in he states, actually on this board too lol. But yeh, kick ass machine, hard to consider anything else as an upgrade for me (when time comes) when for the price there's nothing that touches it. Except a lever won't work in my kitchen setup b/c of the layout and small space :( , trade off for nice waterfront and views... damn old school FL homes and their small kitchens lol

Edit - Oops, saw you said Two Group L. Didn't even know they made a two group

Tom@Steve'sEspresso

#3: Post by Tom@Steve'sEspresso »

That's way cool.
Ask the owner if you can post a few pics for us. I'd like to see what the 2G looks like.
As an owner myself, I'm still trying to convince the partner of going solely lever but our current machine is still too new and he still has reservations-mainly the staff not being able to keep up with peak demand at rush hour, but at least we have a backup lever that I run on weekends fro Ss&Gs until we get a bartop built for it.
LMWDP #222
Live graciously
Be kind
Have fun

TomC
Team HB

#4: Post by TomC »

There's one picture of it in use on Londiniums blog in the actual cafe, and of course they have a few pics of the whole 2 group machine scattered throughout their site as well.

https://londiniumespresso.com/blog/lond ... -for-texas
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

bobmccarthy (original poster)

#5: Post by bobmccarthy (original poster) »

Tom@Steve'sEspresso wrote:That's way cool.
Ask the owner if you can post a few pics for us. I'd like to see what the 2G looks like.
As an owner myself, I'm still trying to convince the partner of going solely lever but our current machine is still too new and he still has reservations-mainly the staff not being able to keep up with peak demand at rush hour, but at least we have a backup lever that I run on weekends fro Ss&Gs until we get a bartop built for it.
We've had horrible ice storms here lately. I had to get out today to do some shopping (including coffee).

Give me a few days and I'll post as you've requested.

Bob

pacificmanitou

#6: Post by pacificmanitou »

https://londiniumespresso.com/store/lev ... qlNO791BII

Its offered for sale now, at a rather high cost. Seems it has a built in gas/electric design.
LMWDP #366

bobmccarthy (original poster)

#7: Post by bobmccarthy (original poster) »

I went by this am. The light was really tough for a simple cell phone shot, but here you go. I'll try to do better next time and shoot with windows behind me, but they were serving customers and I didn't want to get in the way.

Bob

TomC
Team HB

#8: Post by TomC »

I've always liked these handles.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

Catherwood

#9: Post by Catherwood »

Make the trek south to Oak Cliff to Davis Street Espresso. It's the cafe part of Oak Cliff Roasters, share the same space on Davis St.

3 Group Kees Van Der Westen Lever on the front counter and a 3 group Bosco Lever in daily use. They also have a steampunk

There is a training room in the back with a couple of LM's

This is displayed on the wall, think it is a Gaggia, donated to them from OE. Didn't get a picture of anything else. Oh yeah, the door handles on the two front doors are levers.

Chert

#10: Post by Chert »

Thanks for the tip, Catherwood. Too bad their facebook page has no image of either the KvdW nor the Bosco machine. Post one if you get a chance please.
LMWDP #198