Cyncra vs Vesuvius vs Levers shootout: Saturday January 24, 2015 (Vancouver, WA) - Page 2

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
LDT

#11: Post by LDT »

I'm available too. Thanks for doing this! :D

roadman
Supporter ♡

#12: Post by roadman »

Sounds fun. Please count me in.
Jon

kwantfm

#13: Post by kwantfm »

Sounds like an amazing event... I'll look forward to the results (from Australia)...
LMWDP #602

Compass Coffee (original poster)

#14: Post by Compass Coffee (original poster) »

Hi all. Roadman (Jon ) has volunteered to bring some munchies and would like a head count so there's enough to go around. Please RSVP again if you're coming this Saturday!

Suppose it goes without saying I'll be there! :lol:
Mike McGinness

drgary
Team HB

#15: Post by drgary »

I'm in.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

#16: Post by Compass Coffee (original poster) »

FWIW coffee play will include in addition to my flagship Delirium Blend (of course) there will be rest ready my last lb of Panama Esmeralda Boquete Gesha, Kenya Nyeri Karatina PB (just pulled my 1st Vesuvius shots this afternoon, profile tweak take 3 a wow shot!), and released last weekend just now espresso rest ready Panama La Berlina (Bourbon varietal melange roasted light and light-medium). Wish the new washed Yirg' Koke was also espresso ready but no. I knew it was going to be good but Curtis & I got our socks knocked off Monday our first cupping first production roast, way sweet smooth and balanced with decent body for a light roasted washed Yirg' tasting of palm sugar, floral, key-lime lemon meringue and mango. I know it's going to be another killer SO 'spro. Oh yeah rested Natural Konga Yirg' available tomorrow too...
Mike McGinness

drgary
Team HB

#17: Post by drgary »

After reading that, I'M IN!!!!!!!

I'll bring the Prestina and the Elektra Microcasa a Leva I tested. If anyone wants I can bring a Cremina or the 1961 La Pavoni Europiccola or a v 1.0 Caravel. Post tonight or I'll choose one. :)
Gary
LMWDP#308

#18: Post by Compass Coffee (original poster) replying to drgary »

You might also bring grinder you're accustomed to working with. Or not! I'll have 2 M7Ds, 3xMajor (bringing mine from home) and 1 SJ.
Mike McGinness

drgary
Team HB

#19: Post by drgary »

Good thought. I'll bring the Fiorenzato Doge and the voodoodaddy Pharos.
Gary
LMWDP#308

#20: Post by Compass Coffee (original poster) »

Interesting fun afternoon. Four of us Gary, Jon, Laron and myself versus five espresso machines Cyncra, Vesuvius, and Gary's Conti, Cremina & (1st-Line review) Elektra. No great revelations except strange seemingly laws of physics defying results putting the Scace to the Conti and then observing same behavior other 2 levers. What behavior? I'll leave it to the lever Master Gary to post including videos he took. Suffice it to say what was observed did not translate to what would be expected in the cup!
Mike McGinness