Consumer prices for coffee in the Bay area

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
keno

#1: Post by keno »

SF Chronicle did a survey of cafes in the Bay area on their drink prices: How much would you pay for a cup of coffee?

It's an interesting flip side to this thread: Specialty coffee roaster prices and trends

Eastsideloco

#2: Post by Eastsideloco »

Hah. Sign me up a siphon at Blue Bottle's Mint Plaza locations. I've been looking forward to it for weeks. Yes, it's the most expensive coffee in San Francisco, according to this article. But it's also about as much fun as you can have at a coffee shop within a block of a major convention center.

As someone who brews with siphons at home, I also understand why they have to charge so much. It's a process that basically breaks from the volume production flows in the shop. Plus you can share a large siphon with a friend. So the "per unit" cost is somewhat misleading.

Intrepid510

#3: Post by Intrepid510 »

Well yeah... San Francisco is the most expensive city in the US even beating out New York. So it's gonna cost a lot for a decent cup of coffee.