Colorado Suggestions?

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
RioCruz

#1: Post by RioCruz »

We're heading up to Colorado by train at the end of this week, then renting a car and tooling around the state. We will take some of our own roasted beans with us, but always like to try the local offerings. Any suggestions for roasters and/or cafes to give a try?

Thanks!
"Nobody loves your coffee more than you do."
~James Freeman, Blue Bottle

gr2020

#2: Post by gr2020 »

A few that I like, depending on where you'll be (these are all in the Denver metro area):

Boxcar
Sweet Bloom
Huckleberry
Corvus

[creative nickname]

#3: Post by [creative nickname] »

+1 on Sweet Bloom! One of my favorite roasters.
LMWDP #435

Lacoffee

#4: Post by Lacoffee »

+1 boxcar at the source because there are the best pastries in Denver right across the atrium.

Novo also.
Steam is a great little cafe but not a roaster.
And crema coffee house has great breakfast.
Thump is a good shop but technically from Portland.
Andrew

JR_Germantown

#5: Post by JR_Germantown »

Colorado is a big place. I didn't see anything more specific. But if you're in the area of Monument, try Serranos.

Jack

jbviau
Supporter ★

#6: Post by jbviau »

Yes, Novo, Sweet Bloom, and Corvus in Denver are all worth checking out. I've also heard from more than one coffee pro that Amethyst (again in Denver) is great; I intend to visit that shop when I'm out on a family trip toward the end of next week.

Otherwise, there's a shop called Cimarron in Ridgway run by a longtime member here...
"It's not anecdotal evidence, it's artisanal data." -Matt Yglesias

Balthazar_B

#7: Post by Balthazar_B »

Any recommendations for places near Lone Tree?
- John

LMWDP # 577

JR_Germantown

#8: Post by JR_Germantown »

Balthazar_B wrote:Any recommendations for places near Lone Tree?
Is that where RioCruz was going?
RioCruz wrote:We're heading up to Colorado by train at the end of this week, then renting a car and tooling around the state. We will take some of our own roasted beans with us, but always like to try the local offerings. Any suggestions for roasters and/or cafes to give a try?
Jack

pcrussell50

#9: Post by pcrussell50 »

Balthazar_B wrote:Any recommendations for places near Lone Tree?
LOL. We were in Lone Tree from November '15 through end of May '16. It is very nice clean and safe. We did not detect a single edgy vibe where one might dare pledge allegiance to any coffee besides *$$ and 95 lb trophy wives, solo-driving the biggest SUVs money can buy...

We had to venture out of Lone Tree to find some edge, grit, and good espresso. The good news is, when you find good espresso, there are usually good, eclectic food options nearby as well. Hope the cultural sterility of Lone Tree changes, as it's beginning to look like we will need to spend more time there going forward. During that time, I was heavily reliant on home roasting and making my own espresso.

Thanks to gr2020 for the suggestions. As Socal natives, becoming future 9-month/year Lone Tree'ers we will be exploring that list for sure when the time comes.

-Peter
LMWDP #553

LukeFlynn

#10: Post by LukeFlynn »

I've never been to Novo, but I know a few who have. Some family is actually there now and are bringing me a bourbon variety Ethiopian to try. I'm getting a cup too, from what I hear the guy grabbed a capp cup off the top of the Slayer and gave it to them.. sounds pretty rad.