Coffee shops in Allentown, Pa?

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
gimpy

#1: Post by gimpy »

I will be in the area for a week or so at the end of the month. Any suggestions for a nice cuppa Joe or espresso?

cannonfodder
Team HB

#2: Post by cannonfodder »

Dont know of any up there. Good cigar shop though, CigarsInternational is up there. Philly I could give you a list but that is an hour+ drive.
Dave Stephens

gimpy (original poster)

#3: Post by gimpy (original poster) »

Not sure what my schedule will be like, but I doubt I will get up there.

Thx

gimpy (original poster)

#4: Post by gimpy (original poster) »

Well, I'm in Drums, Pa. now, town just next to Allentown. I wished someone could have given me a good suggestion for a coffee/espresso shop. The only suggestion for "good" coffee is at an old local gas station just down the road. This was given to me by an old local (some 80 yrs old). That is where he and my father in law used to meet mornings for their cup of coffee. :-\. No thanks, I don't think so. At least, not if I can find something better. But, I guess it might be better than the Folgers singles that I have been drinking.:-\ :-)

gimpy (original poster)

#5: Post by gimpy (original poster) »

Well, I have a coffee meet set up with the old local (86 yrs old, actually). Wife and I had dinner with him this evening. I am meeting him at the gas station for coffee at nine tomorrow morning. Should be good company :-), but, the coffee, maybe not so much :-(.