Chicago HB Get-together VIII: The Ocho - Page 2

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
vberch

#11: Post by vberch »

Guys, I don't know whether it is appropriate to post here on not... In the spirit of reducing my levers (which got a little out of control, LOL), I've decided to sell my Faema Faemina and a brass and copper Elektra MCaL. Both have been fully rebuilt and work as good as new. I would rather not ship them as I would hate to see them damaged in transit.

If any of our get together participants are interested in either of the machines, I'll give you a great deal. Please feel free to PM me if you would like more details.

Pipeguy (original poster)

#12: Post by Pipeguy (original poster) »

Well OK then, the 20th it is!

Consultation with my temporary sous chef for the event has resulted in a slight change in the food menu. I have been persuaded to switch to Cajun/Creole, with Gumbo, Jambalaya, and Red beans and rice on the menu. Please adjust your expectations accordingly...

I will contact everyone with directions next week, and I will post a roster and menu as well as any coffee related developments before the event.

Really appreciate the chance to return the hospitality to the other members that have opened up their homes to group!

Pipeguy

Sherman

#13: Post by Sherman »

It sounds like food is pretty well covered. I may bring along some corn bread or Hoppin' John, but will definitely contribute to the coffee offerings with some of my recently acquired Hacienda la Esmeralda and maybe a few other surprises.

If anyone wants to share a ride, let me know. I'm coming from Jefferson Park.
Your dog wants espresso.
LMWDP #288

DanGE

#14: Post by DanGE »

Please sign me up for this wonderful event.
Thanks.
DanG

Sherman

#15: Post by Sherman »

OK. I've got 1 spot taken. If there's enough interest, I can take the minivan and fit another 4 passengers very comfortably. You'll just have to live with the shame of riding in a minivan :D.
Your dog wants espresso.
LMWDP #288

Pipeguy (original poster)

#16: Post by Pipeguy (original poster) »

Directions have been sent! Let me know if any questions or issues. At present we have the following scheduled to be in attendance:

Sherman
another_jim
ilVecchio
earlgrey_44
Robot
vberch
DanGE
UltramaticOrange
Pipeguy

I have a tarp ready and waiting in case the Minivan is pressed into service so no one will know what's parked in front of my garage...

Pipeguy

Sherman

#17: Post by Sherman »

OK. I'll contribute a bread pudding along with whatever coffees I bring.
Your dog wants espresso.
LMWDP #288

vberch

#18: Post by vberch »

Jim, are you, by any chance, thinking of bringing your Strega?
another_jim wrote:Sounds terrific. I'm good for any of the dates, and will return the Mini Gaggia. With the beefed up spring, it's a legitimate shot puller; but we didn't bond.

another_jim
Team HB

#19: Post by another_jim »

If there's any interest, I'll bring it.
Jim Schulman

vberch

#20: Post by vberch »

There is some interest, Jim! :)