Chicago HB Get Together IX: The 101 Edition - Page 3

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
stinkyonion

#21: Post by stinkyonion »

I think I have about five free 15 amp circuits in the kitchen and plenty of room. Past 5 machines will have to alternate or use dining room too.

another_jim (original poster)
Team HB

#22: Post by another_jim (original poster) »

You have more than enough real estate and circuits -- you can even put 2 machines on one circuit provided you don't start the second until the first is warmed up (the regular operating cycles are so short, they don't overlap long enough to throw the breaker)
Jim Schulman

Advertisement
Sherman

#23: Post by Sherman »

1/12 should work for me.
Your dog wants espresso.
LMWDP #288

ilVecchio
Supporter ♡

#24: Post by ilVecchio »

Can we settle on a date? The 12th?

Joel

Team HB

#25: Post by another_jim (original poster) »

We're at 1/12, 10am to 5pm, at Russell's place in Oak Brook.

Going, going ... (gone by tomorrow evening).
Jim Schulman

bigstormgirl

#26: Post by bigstormgirl »

The 12th sounds good to me.
Cindy
LMWDP #348

ilVecchio
Supporter ♡

#27: Post by ilVecchio »

Vlad,
If you're going to make the trip down, why not come to my place first? It was fun last time. The same goes for you, Rob.
Joel

Advertisement
stinkyonion

#28: Post by stinkyonion »

ok. 1/12/13 at 10am. that seems early, and until 5pm seems long, but whatever. Thats 7 hours, is that typical? Seems like 4 hours would be plenty, but im the newbie. There better be more newbies to dilute the noobidity. We'll make it pot luck for anyone who wants to bring anything, just say what your bringing and I will fill in the gaps. I make a killer bacon wrapped scallops on pellet grill.

Team HB

#29: Post by another_jim (original poster) »

If you want the full 101, we'll be there till 5am Sunday :wink:

The typical meetup has us pulling shots and trying things systematically in the morning. Then we break for a long and liquored lunch (visitors provide the sides and booze, host does the main dish). We finish with more relaxed shot pulling and snacking in the afternoon. It's sort of like doing a super bowl party or labor day picnic. If you would prefer to observe for your first time around; we can change venue, no sweat, no blame.
Jim Schulman

ilVecchio
Supporter ♡

#30: Post by ilVecchio »

I intend to bring a cake, and something liquid.

These meet-ups are really quite civilized and always made up of gentlemen. (Hopefully with a gentlewoman also this time.)