Cafes in Brownsville Texas area - Revisited

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
shawndo

#1: Post by shawndo »

Revisiting this thread from a few years ago.
Cafes in Brownsville Texas area

I found a great place in Brownsville called 7th and Park. It's so good that my inner pessimist thinks it can't last in Brownsville, but I hope I'm wrong. It's been open one month at this point. (It is on 7th and Taylor St near the courthouse)

They serve Brown Coffee out of San Antonio http://browncoffeeco.com/shop/?category=Coffee
I had a cortado, a straight espresso (awesome Panama SO with alot of blueberry) and a chemex. All were top notch. They know what they are doing. They also have a bike shop. I swore I was in Brooklyn!

They had Compak grinders and a friggin' 2 group Slayer... in Brownsville... and they know how to use it! I am still trying to wrap my head around it.

Go while it lasts!
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra

Boldjava

#2: Post by Boldjava »

Pray, tell. What are you doing in Brownsville? Haven't been there since 1968...Carta Blanca time in Matamoros and Lonestar/Pearl in Brownsville. No 3rd wave then.
-----
LMWDP #339

Advertisement
shawndo (original poster)

#3: Post by shawndo (original poster) »

I grew up here and moved out as soon as I could afford it! Parents are still here though so I'm sort of obligated to visit periodically
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra