Cafes around Cape Coral/Fort Myers

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
Johnny k

#1: Post by Johnny k »

Hi.

Can anyone give some advice on decent coffee shops?

Thanks
Johnny

Bob_M

#2: Post by Bob_M »

I really don't think there are any. My parents lived there and for years I visited and looked around a lot and came up empty. Here's a post I found by doing google search with keywords coffee, fort Myers, and home barista. Looks like u either make your own or get a milkshake and take a no doze. Edit: I never visited the shop named the Grind. The post referenced is 3 years old. There is a shop with that name in Yelp, but it's at a different address. Can't call now because they are closed. Another Edit. I must be ready for the home ! There are 2 places called the Grind. The second is the one mentioned by Cannonfodder in referenced post. It's also on Yelp. Because I also have an interest in this topic I will check them out tomorrow..and report back.

Espresso in or near Bonita Springs, FL.

BTD1986

#3: Post by BTD1986 »

The Naples area is also pretty bare. There are a few coffee shops, but none I would recommend. Bring your own setup.

Bob_M

#4: Post by Bob_M »

I just got off phone with barista at The Grind Coffee House and Roaster on Tamiami Trail in Fort Myers, Fla. They are still open and under same management for over 3 years. The barista has never heard the term "third wave"..I think she said their espresso machine is an Omega (don't know if I got that right) and their grinder is a Capresso.
Next time I'm out that way I'll check it for myself but in the meantime if you're (the OP) out that way you might give it a try.