Bow Truss Coffee in Chicago

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
cmin

#1: Post by cmin »

Up In Chitown right now, gorgeous out but ears are fricken frozen lol. Bow Truss is down the street from our hotel. I was like I've had your coffee sent to my house in FL lol. Warming up with a yummy pour over right now.

Bkultra

#2: Post by Bkultra »

75 yesterday and 40 today, got to love Chicago weather

brianl

#3: Post by brianl »

The river North location or the flagship in Lakeview?

cmin (original poster)

#4: Post by cmin (original poster) »

North, then literally drank and gorged on food at Hubbard Inn and Public House, 9:50 pm and I've literally entered a food coma, and beer ahhh 3 Floyds mmmm.

Love Metropolis but wish they were closer to where we are right now. May have to hit up Intelly, haven't liked their offerings for awhile and black cat I tried multiple pounds of and at their shops here and LA and did not like it at all, but seems they changed the blend or roasting from the recent positive post about it on here.

brianl

#5: Post by brianl »

Take the blue line to wicker park and logan square to visit the best shops in the city.

cmin (original poster)

#6: Post by cmin (original poster) »

Anyone try Sparrow? Seems majority of places here and high end chefs request that they roast for them. I hit up a little breakfast joint that serves their coffee, it was pretty damn good. Thanks for the tip Brian, may do so, today and tomorrow is more work related. But sat and sun is play time lol, technically I should have been working yesterday but spent most of the day at Lagunitas new brewery which was ridiculously cool and huge (largest craft brewery space in the US now).

Intrepid510

#7: Post by Intrepid510 »

cmin wrote:Anyone try Sparrow? Seems majority of places here and high end chefs request that they roast for them. I hit up a little breakfast joint that serves their coffee, it was pretty damn good. Thanks for the tip Brian, may do so, today and tomorrow is more work related. But sat and sun is play time lol, technically I should have been working yesterday but spent most of the day at Lagunitas new brewery which was ridiculously cool and huge (largest craft brewery space in the US now).
Forget the coffee. You can have coffee sent to you, but not draft beer.

brianl

#8: Post by brianl replying to Intrepid510 »

They pull shots so well in Chicago is worth going to the roasters cafe. I'd pass on sparrow compared to gaslight coffee roasters, my favorite roaster in the states

cmin (original poster)

#9: Post by cmin (original poster) »

Intrepid510 wrote:Forget the coffee. You can have coffee sent to you, but not draft beer.
We've had Lagunitas in South FL for yearsssss :mrgreen: . Wish Gaslight was closer, been walking everywhere, and friend is coming in today so its going to be more of a food/beer day, think we're going back to Lagunitas lol. Sparrow I was curious about as so many restaurants use them to roast, some places even said we serve the best coffee ever, Sparrow lol. Somehow they have/got an in with places as all these high end chefs even specifically go to them, just thought that was interesting.

Brian if you like beer you gotta check out Lagunitas new space, nutz. They have 40 massive fermenters in this section, can't even see them all, and in front of those their installing another 80 next month. edit - ahh figured out pic posting on here

brianl

#10: Post by brianl »

Looks cool but I stick to the small guys ;) For some reason I always love what RevBrew has in their restaurant/brewery (which is conveniently next to Gaslight Coffee Roaster :twisted: )