Baltimore-Washington DC Coffee Shops - Page 4

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
erics (original poster)
Supporter ★

#31: Post by erics (original poster) »

Thanks, Eric, for keeping it current!
You're quite welcome.

There's a couple of other shops in the Baltimore area I have not visited (names escape me at the moment) and friendly competition is only making it better in this entire area.
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

skittles_s

#32: Post by skittles_s »

I sure didn't see the price on the menu, but I cannot disagree with your photographic evidence: it is there! Nevertheless, I won't order that preparation there again. Which is fine as the espresso is tasty and the treats are as well.

LAMILL is inarguably a nice addition to the scene. The unfortunate aspects of Woodberry and now LAMILL is that they function more as destinations than neighborhood places; I think Spro nicely falls into the latter category. Hopefully, all three will help elevate the Baltimore coffee scene and soon as I'm impatient (must be all the caffeine).

Advertisement
skittles_s

#33: Post by skittles_s »

Just stumbled upon this. Near Woodberry Kitchen and from their coffee/ownership team (?).

http://www.artifactcoffee.com/

2012 = more good coffee in Baltimore (or at least one neighborhood of the city)!

jbviau
Supporter ★

#34: Post by jbviau »

Yes! Apparently it's sort of a resurrection (see here for more on Artifact's backstory). I'll look forward to checking the place out once it's opened.
"It's not anecdotal evidence, it's artisanal data." -Matt Yglesias

AllieWK

#35: Post by AllieWK »

skittles_s wrote:Just stumbled upon this. Near Woodberry Kitchen and from their coffee/ownership team (?).

http://www.artifactcoffee.com/

2012 = more good coffee in Baltimore (or at least one neighborhood of the city)!
Yes, we are the same team as the old Artifact Coffee. It's going to be very exciting year for coffee in the Baltimore/DC area (LAMILL & Madcap?! Awesome) Both Spike and I are incredibly excited to reopen the doors of Artifact Coffee in it's brand new location. We are heavy into the buildout process right now. Hope too see you all there for our opening, sometime in February or March.
-allie caran
workin’ to make butter for my piece of bun.

jbviau
Supporter ★

#36: Post by jbviau »

Exciting, Allie! Which roaster(s) will you be going with at Artifact?

skittles_s

#37: Post by skittles_s »

Madcap? What's this? It's new(s) to me! Any details?

I look forward to visiting your new endeavour as well, Allie.

Advertisement
jbviau
Supporter ★

#38: Post by jbviau »

skittles_s

#39: Post by skittles_s »

Another feather in DC's hat. I already visit Peregrine or Chinatown when passing through town; it looks as though I'll be adding another destination to my list.

Baltimore needs more good coffee in parts of the city other than the Hampden/Mills area. LAMILL has brought quality coffee to Harbor East. I hope the Canton/Fells area shops will step-up in kind.

skittles_s

#40: Post by skittles_s »

I stopped by Pitango in Fell's Point today and was glad to see that they've switched from Zeke's to Counter Culture. They are pulling Toscano on the Faema (I understand they may eventually get a LM). The espresso was done well (if a little long) and represents a big improvement over their previous offering. They also have beans for sale (Apollo, Toscano, La Frontera) but they were a bit on the older side. FYI.