Baltimore get together?

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
Arpi

#1: Post by Arpi »

Hi.

I wonder if we could do a Baltimore get-together maybe for February - March. Max capacity is limited to 8 number of guests (plus myself and a friend). Preferably on a Saturday morning.

Some subjects of interests could be:

Roasting
Technical stuff
Tasting/cupping
Points of view of coffee
Anything in your mind coffee related

etc.

Cheers

sweaner

#2: Post by sweaner »

I would be interested, as the last one was fun. I would suggest maybe later in March to minimize weather issues.
Scott
LMWDP #248

Arpi (original poster)

#3: Post by Arpi (original poster) »

checked. March 17th?

This is an informal get-together, nothing too serious if you know what I mean.

allon

#4: Post by allon »

Can't make the 17th.
If it is a day I can make it, I can bring the CMA lever and the Pharos and the PID controlled iRoast.

... Or is that getting too serious? ;-)
LMWDP #331

jbviau
Supporter ★

#5: Post by jbviau »

sweaner wrote:I would be interested, as the last one was fun.
+1. Please count me in if there's space for an espresso newbie.
"It's not anecdotal evidence, it's artisanal data." -Matt Yglesias

skittles_s

#6: Post by skittles_s »

I'd love to participate as well if welcome, especially as I'm rather new to the area. FWIW, earlier would be better as my wife and I are expecting in March.

Arpi (original poster)

#7: Post by Arpi (original poster) »

Skittles_s, no prob. How does Feb 25th sound? As Sweaner said, there is a higher chance of a snow in Feb. but we don't really know.

Allon, I would like to see the PIDed iRoast and the other gadgets are nice. I would love to do a mini roaster shootout one day and maybe a friendly live competition :) to compare roasters. But the problem is that my roasting room is not that big and I am limited to plug a max of 2-3 roasters at a time. The space in that room is also limited to maybe 4-5 people max (small room).

Cheers

slybarman

#8: Post by slybarman »

How do these generally work? Who is invited and what typically happens? What are participants expected to bring along, etc.?

Pardon my ignorance as I am new to this sort of thing.

Arpi (original poster)

#9: Post by Arpi (original poster) »

Well, people in this forum are invited till the max capacity limit is reached. So if you would like to come say so early in this thread. Then I will contact you by a pm with the address (the time will be chosen here). As far as bringing something, you don't need to unless you want to. It is more about talking and sharing ideas than anything else (and coffee).

Cheers

Javier

#10: Post by Javier »

I am definitely interested.
LMWDP #115