Anyone planning on going to CoffeeFest in Portland 10/23-10/25?

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
Fausto

#1: Post by Fausto »

I just heard about this, and think I'll probably go. Not sure what I would get out of it, but $30 for presumably a lot of samples and maybe some seminars seems like a good deal. https://www.coffeefest.com/Event/Attendee/Default.aspx

There's also the CaffeineCrawl going on the 21st-23rd, I can't make that, but if you get tickets for the crawl you get a half off coupon to CoffeeFest. http://www.caffeinecrawl.com/portland.html

Fausto (original poster)

#2: Post by Fausto (original poster) »

Just booked myself. I found a 50% off coupon for registration on twitter - the code is 75218 and it should work through Oct 4 - only $15. Apparently this is meant for people in the business, which I'm technically not, but I would love to open my own shop one day, so that should work.

Anyway, I would love to meet any fellow members if you're planning on going, or if anyone wants to meet up at a local cafe instead I would be down for that. Let me know!

danetrainer

#3: Post by danetrainer »

I just registered, thanks for posting the code.
Like to meet and I'm sure as the date gets closer to the weekend more people will announce they're going.

tadpole

#4: Post by tadpole »

I had been forgetting to register but just did. Thanks for posting the code. Any bargain is good.

drgary
Team HB

#5: Post by drgary »

Hello Everyone:

I'm going too.

Rob Hoos will be teaching roasting classes. If anyone doesn't know him he's the master roaster at Nossa Familia, a consultant, certified trainer on the Loring Roaster and for SCAA, and author of Modulating the Flavor Profile of Coffee. I'll taking his class on Sunday at 10:00 a.m. I'll also attend the two cupping classes offered, the basic class on Saturday, 12:15, and the cupping microlots class on Sunday, at 12:15.

Exhibitors including Aerobie, Bunn-O-Matic, Curtis, Decent Espresso, Espro, Loring, Mahlkonig, MauiGrown Coffee (think of Maui Mokka), Rancilio, Slayer, Sonofresco, and many others. Last year I saw Doug and Barb from Orphan Espresso, but they're not listed as exhibitors this year.

Here's the home page for Coffee Fest.

...merged with thread on same topic by moderator...
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

Bob_M

#6: Post by Bob_M »

Hello. Drgary, I intend to be there and look forward to another get together with other members of H-B. And unlike last time I plan to show up at the correct place!

danetrainer

#7: Post by danetrainer »

Hi Gary, Alex had quickly posted a discount code (now expired) and started a thread back in the beginning of September. Three of us replied to be going, I'll be there Friday for sure and will plan to meet up with everyone.

keno

#8: Post by keno »

Hey Gary, I just signed up and will be there Saturday and/or Sunday. Would be nice to meet up with others if there is a time that works for everyone.

drgary
Team HB

#9: Post by drgary »

I'm up for a Saturday meetup, what about others? I'll just need to be able to get to a 12:15 cupping class.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

Fausto (original poster)

#10: Post by Fausto (original poster) »

I can make either day work, but not both. Really excited to meet some people, learn some things, and see some new equipment!