Any new Palm Springs cafes?

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
bluesman

#1: Post by bluesman »

We're in Palm Springs for 3 days on our way to Napa. A forum search got 3 hits, the newest from 2011 and none of the three with a recommendation. Any tips would be appreciated. Our hotel has an Expobar automatic behind the bar, but it looks like it's never used. I'll ask if they'll let me make ours in the morning. Thanks!

David

roastnbrew

#2: Post by roastnbrew »

They're not new, but I've had good, sometimes excellent, brewed coffee from Koffi Coffee (both locations), in the last couple of years. Can't speak to espresso or milk drinks.

LATrapp

#3: Post by LATrapp »

Bummer, it looks like Espresso Cielo closed recently. I really enjoyed it. Koffi is OK but hopefully there's something better. Ernest Coffee is also a good stop: http://www.ernestcoffee.com/#about and Bootlegger's Tiki behind it is definitely an A+ crafted tiki cocktail bar.

bluesman (original poster)

#4: Post by bluesman (original poster) »

roastnbrew wrote:They're not new, but I've had good, sometimes excellent, brewed coffee from Koffi Coffee (both locations), in the last couple of years. Can't speak to espresso or milk drinks.
We went to Koffi (north) yesterday and were happy we did. Although they don't ask, don't tell, & don't make it obvious that they have china cups, they do - and their coffees are good (they have a roastery). The darker roast espresso was traditional, but the light roast was too much fruit & flowers for my taste. They did pull the light well, though, to bring out its character - I assume they profile each differently........or they got lucky :)

They have a pair of 2 group Synessos that the baristas use well, although they foam in big pitchers and spoon it in. This isn't a cafe for the picky purist who demands art in the cup, but if we spend more time in Palm Springs, we'll be there often enough - the pastries seal the deal. Thanks for the tip!

expy98

#5: Post by expy98 »

I was at Koffi in Palm Spring yesterday...

As bluesman stated, milk was poured and foam was spooned in and the default is paper cups if you don't ask.