Another new Los Angeles cafe - automated La Marzocco?

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
dumpshot
Supporter ♡

#1: Post by dumpshot »

Since I don't live in LA, I will be curious to hear anyone's take on this one if they go:

Go Get 'Em Tiger

It sounds like they are taking the coffee prep out of the hands of the baristas as much as possible. Is that a good idea?

Pete
LMWDP #484

Bob_McBob

#2: Post by Bob_McBob »

I assume that's just a GB/5 AV, and someone tried and failed to explain the difference between mechanical paddles and volumetric dosing to the article writer.

I am kind of interested to know how they are pre-grinding 10 shots at a time with a doserless grinder, though.

http://sprudge.com/go-get-em-tiger-now- ... hmont.html
"Right now we have a La Marzocco 4 group GB5. That's a loner until we get our slightly customized 4 group Linea. It's an automatic espresso machine which means it stops itself. We program it to dispense a certain amount of water and it stops. It's not like a fully manual thing. We are going with more automation because it is more consistent," explained Glanville.
Chris

Marshall

#3: Post by Marshall »

I expect to be there Saturday. I've known Kyle for 10 years and know he doesn't do anything in a coffee bar without a lot of thought.
Marshall
Los Angeles