3rd wave coffee in Fresno County?

Talk about your favorite cafes, local barista events, or plan your own get-together.
kajer

#1: Post by kajer »

I am going to be traveling over the next few holidays, and was wondering if anyone has any good coffee places in the Fresno county area? Clovis?

kajer (original poster)

#2: Post by kajer (original poster) »

I was in the area and did stumble upon a decent place in downtown Clovis, CA.

Kuppa Joy Coffee House

This was a nice local place with a few options to choose from. I ordered up a pour-over to go and a double espresso "for here". The cashier jokingly said she would have make fun of me if I had ordered the espresso to go. (good sign in my opinion) I would like to have seen a S.O. on tap for espresso, but I won't hold that against them, as a good pour over made me happy.

Over all I had a great coffee and staff seemed very friendly, with one big failing; they are closed on Sunday.

Intrepid510

#3: Post by Intrepid510 »

Kuppa Coffee has Super Sonic Coffee. ;)

kajer (original poster)

#4: Post by kajer (original poster) »

This can't be the only place around Fresno, can it?

yakster
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by yakster »

You could check out Cafe Corazón in Fresno. I haven't been there, but I attended the 2009 Sweet Maria's Home Roaster's Dream Camp and Leo Rios, Cafe Corazón's roaster, was my roasting partner. Sadly, I don't get out to the Central Valley much at all, but the Yelp results are promising (as far as you can trust Yelp reviews for specialty coffee which in my experience isn't all that much). The reviews on CoffeeGeek are also complimentary, which holds more weight in my book. If you stop in, say Hi for me.

I've been trying to remember the name of one of the cafe's that I visited in Fresno that was using Barefoot Coffee Roaster's coffee, and I'm pretty sure it was Iron Bird Cafe, since closed, sadly.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

kajer (original poster)

#6: Post by kajer (original poster) »

Makes sense, if there was 3rd wave coffee in Fresno, it would be in the tower district.

Thanks for the pointer!

Bob_M

#7: Post by Bob_M »

Heres a link to a thread started by Beezer, a Fresno native. Unfortunately it's about ironk bird which has sincer closed. And I'm sure Starbucks lives on.
Finally, a decent coffee shop in Fresno!

russel

#8: Post by russel »

yakster wrote:You could check out Cafe Corazón in Fresno.
Corazon is in most assuredly not 3rd Wave from a roasting perspective. It is certainly 3rd Wave from a program perspective; a very friendly and comfortable place that brings passionate and careful coffee prep to the area. If you're looking for fruit, the best you can do is to bypass the spro and stick with brew. For the adventurous/masachistic, their Tweeker blend includes some Robusta for extract kick.

It's a great place to visit if you're a larger quantity home roaster thinking about selling some of your handy work.
russel at anacidicandbitterbeverage dot com